DIY drip ring or halo: drip emitter vs ball valve?

Sangmang

I made 9 of these drip rings for 9 plants:
20210101_041452.jpg

that will each come off of this 9 port manifold with 1/4" tubing:
Screenshot_20210101-042222~2.png

and planning to put these inline ball valves right before each halo to adjust the flow rates and make them all even
Screenshot_20210101-041513~2.png

My question is do you think the flow would be more controlled and consistent if I replaced the free flow "t" drippers I currently have in the rings(1st pic) with these 1 or 2gal/hour drip emitters
Screenshot_20210101-042858~2.png

I think these would eliminate the need for a ball valve to adjust the flow rate. However I could imagine these would clog more easily.

Any thoughts? I'm probably over thinking it.

My issue is with evaluating flow rates once everything is in place. Having each dripper adjustable makes for varying rates especially if debries like dog hair start gathering in the dripper. Still works great but did have to check the flow lots.

My issue is with evaluating flow rates once everything is in place. Having each dripper adjustable makes for varying rates especially if debries like dog hair start gathering in the dripper. Still works great but did have to check the flow lots.
Yeah I might just add 2gal/hour drippers to the rings and keep the ball valves as well.

Back
Top Bottom