Do these seedlings look ok for 2 weeks?

Since your having to water anyway you might as well flush. So just water with 2 x the usual water. This might help the soil let go of it's acidity. A problem that might crop it's ugle head in the future if you don't nip it in the bud right now. :thumb:

Just make sure to let the pots dry out good before your next watering.
ok will do.

The yellowing subsided and there is new growth. Only problem now is that some of the new growth is still browning. I water them every 2 days or when the soil is dry with proper ph water now.

you may want to go ahead and start germing another batch. i germ a batch every 2-3 weeks to ease the process of elimination for a mother plant. im in my 1st perpetual grow and im stuck with 7 mothers! really, you only need 2, 3 if your that kinda guy/gurl. these bitches get big and bushy! if you start 10, eliminate the weakest 5 after 4-5 weeks. then, you need to wait another 2-3 weeks(which can handle nutes and/or growth DEF) and eliminate one or two more; out of the 3 powerful plants left, one will be female, and you can get over a pound off one female providing clones. I flower the mother after about 4-6 months of cloning. You will get seeds off the clones and just keep the process of life rotating-starting a batch of seeds every 2weeks unil you have 3-4 solid mothers.

I would, but I would rather just try and fix these at the moment. This is my first grow and I would like to learn from my mistakes.
Heres some pics of them I am thinking it might be chlorine from my tap water. I aerated the water for 12 hours with an air pump before watering.
0105110425-00.jpg

0105110435-00.jpg

0105110425-01.jpg

Just thought I would give an update and for anyone searching for what an over watered seedling looks like

They died I figured it was a combination of over watering and the ph problem I had. The soil was very damp when I emptied the cups. I had been watering every 2 days which was stupid, but I guess this is a learning process. I placed an order for some ghs white widows and 2 diesel ryders. I will start a grow journal once they come in.

I'm not an expert by far, not having completed even one full grow, so take this with a giant shovel of salt. Did you make holes in the bottom of your cups? If the roots are submerged in water they can't breathe. I have a tray under my pots to catch the surplus water so that it gets away from the roots, leaving the dirt moist but not wet. Then the extra water in the tray will to some degree "wick" back up into the dirt gradually to keep it moist for a while.

At least, that's what my expertise-starved logic tells me.

Good luck with the next attempt.

Yeah made 5 holes roughly the circumference of a pen. The medium was light warrior I didn't cut it with any perlite, and light warrior holds moisture VERY well. I got a white domina freebie sprouted right now. I am gonna play around with it and see how long I should go between watering. So far it has been 3 days and the soil is still moist. So I am pretty sure if I was watering every other day practically, I drowned em.

Someone also told me that if I watered a bit less than "optimal" during the early stages, it would encourage root growth. The reasoning was that the plant would "seek out" water deeper in the dirt.

Yeah Im gonna definitely do that. I will see how this test seedling turns out and then I can get some good results with the WW later.

Honestly light warrior is the devil if used as a solo medium for seedlings. It just retains way to much water, and screws over early root developement. It makes it very VERY easy to drown your root system. If your going to be using light warrior exclusively make sure to cut it with lots of pearlite. Using FFOF and pearlite would be a much better choice then just using light warrior. It will give you a much better and more predictable wet dry cycle.

The last time I used light warrior all 12 of my babies almost died from to much moisture. After the transplant into FFOF with pearlite they perked right up and came back from the brink.

Hope this helps in the future. :goodluck:

I was just using it to start my seedlings I heard good things about it. I am going to use roots soil for the rest of the grow. Should I just use roots for everything and skip the light warrior all together?

This is my first grow, they sprouted on 12/7. I am worried that I am under watering them I usually water every 2 days. Lately the soil is getting very crusty and dry should i water them more?

Medium- FF light warrior 160z cups
Strain- 5 nirvana WW, 2 freebie autos
Humidity- 40-50%
Temp- 75-80 light on 70-75 light off
light-4 26w 5000k CFLs on 20/4 light cycle

122010175900.jpg

122010175901.jpg

122010175902.jpg

122010175903.jpg
Way to low rh way to little water but first go at it ok they are alive sorry but they should be tress compaired to that mine were that big at 2days and are 14inches at 2 weeks but its G14 auto u need 75% humidity in seedling and 60-70% in veg only drop to 50% or less in flower water when soil is dry only to moist u dont want to wet good drainage is the key the soil mix i make will only ever hold 80% water then justs runs out bottom of pot as wast help with not over watering the lights u have are great for clones and rasing seeds after that out side or get the biggest lights u can afford i run 2x 1000W HPS i dont even bother with MH for veg i get just as much lol but keep going you will only learn from doing it your self every strain is diffrent and wants the same thing just diffrent amounts at diffrent times your plants will talk to you and tell you what they want once you learn to read what there are telling you but good luck everyone has to start some were and your end resurlt will be as good as the time and products u use dont use cheap diy chemicals you get what u pay for

I was just using it to start my seedlings I heard good things about it. I am going to use roots soil for the rest of the grow. Should I just use roots for everything and skip the light warrior all together?

Look nice great for 2 weeks i use the one product all the way through but thats me i feel they work well togeather and are all made by same copany same brand i use canna terra but i grow in a tent, but its up to you what you feed them with they look fine stick with what works for you dont just belive something someone says is the only way

This is my first grow, they sprouted on 12/7. I am worried that I am under watering them I usually water every 2 days. Lately the soil is getting very crusty and dry should i water them more?
Hey @Big pete 132 this thread has been stale since 2011...you got me man :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom