Do these seedlings look ok?

pointer80

Hello all, Just wondering if these seedlings look ok? They seem to be doing great other than a little off color. is that just because of the young age? i am using a soil mix designed for cannabis seedlings/clones. I have not been watering very often so I don't think it's a watering issue. I am using a 315 watt cmh light but I have it about 57 inches above the seedlings and I have it to the side and the seedlings to the left so not directly under the light source. Any help appreciated. Thanks. 1746441

Attachments

• IMG_5365.JPG
    IMG_5365.JPG
    561.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 115
The seedling looks fine,but what is the white/gray powdery looking stuff on the soil?
I'm asking because,at least in the pics,it resembles mildew.
Do you have a fan in the grow space?

The seedling looks fine,but what is the white/gray powdery looking stuff on the soil?
I'm asking because,at least in the pics,it resembles mildew.
Do you have a fan in the grow space?
I believe that is a form of fungus, I get that on my veggie seedling soil all the time. Never had a problem with it. I have been running a fan but turned it off until my other seedlings I just sprouted get a little bigger. I could turn it back on if you don't think it would hurt my new sprouts. Thanks.

If it hasn't caused problems for you in the past,it's probably ok for now,you have more
experience with it than I do.
You're not going to want an environment where mildew can grow when the plants get bigger,though.

As for the fan on your new sprouts,it sort of depends on how large the fan is,and where you direct the airflow-you don't need it to blow directly on them-you can just have it blow over the top of them for now,which will cause enough moving air to help dry out the top of the soil a bit,keeping them happy,and possibly making the fungus go away.

If it hasn't caused problems for you in the past,it's probably ok for now,you have more
experience with it than I do.
You're not going to want an environment where mildew can grow when the plants get bigger,though.

As for the fan on your new sprouts,it sort of depends on how large the fan is,and where you direct the airflow-you don't need it to blow directly on them-you can just have it blow over the top of them for now,which will cause enough moving air to help dry out the top of the soil a bit,keeping them happy,and possibly making the fungus go away.
I just have a desk top fan oscillating and just barely hitting the tops of the older seedlings just enough to sway them slightly. I could lift the fan up a little more to help out. One issue I am having is I have a 4x4 tent and I am housing a heater inside the tent to aid in keeping the temps proper(I have my tent set up in my insulated work shop that stays about 40 to 50 degrees right now). Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom