Do your plants sleep for 2 days before 12/12?

Switching right to 12/12 for flowering works and has always worked. I'd say if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

However, let them "sleep" for 24-48 hours before you HARVEST. This will allow the startches present in the plant to receed into the roots. This makes the final dried buds taste better because the startches have been driven out of them.

Well ... i let my plants sleepf or a day and a half. Changed the bulb to a HPS and voila! We're on 12/12 ... going to shock them tonight with bud blood to get them to flower quicker. Should be good ...

ROO: I will try letting them sleep for 2 days at the end as well ... I never heard that before abnout the starches ... interesting ... thanks 4 the info.

krashdoobs said:
ROO: I will try letting them sleep for 2 days at the end as well ... I never heard that before abnout the starches ... interesting ... thanks 4 the info.

I read an article that advocates shorter light cycles towards the end of flowering as well as water deprevation. It says this will act as kind of a "pre-cure" on the buds. I am definatly going to try it myself, because the pictures of the plants were excellent.

RooRman said:
I read an article that advocates shorter light cycles towards the end of flowering as well as water deprevation. It says this will act as kind of a "pre-cure" on the buds. I am definatly going to try it myself, because the pictures of the plants were excellent.

I do 24 hr. dark for the last few days ...
depending on how my hairs darken, I shoot for a 2 to 3 dys.

Gives then a nice kick :)
Even done clone to clone besideBySide tests .. just another tweek

sorry hittin' it :)

Yeah, no water at least 2days ...
just less you gots' to wait to evaporate

-Leaving plants in total darkness with no water for 2 days does them no good. Compare your plants BEFORE 2 days of no light & water then after. When do they look healthiest, before or after 2 days with no light/water? I think pot ends up the best when you keep it healthy, with light & water, until you harvest.

-No fertilizer "shocks" the plants into budding.

-Starches and sugars break down during curing, not before budding.

If you nuke a plant with a high PPM ... you are shocking it. So when you nuke your plants with a high bud PPM, they go into shock and start to flower sooner. Seen it, done it.

rangerdanger said:
-Leaving plants in total darkness with no water for 2 days does them no good. Compare your plants BEFORE 2 days of no light & water then after. When do they look healthiest, before or after 2 days with no light/water? I think pot ends up the best when you keep it healthy, with light & water, until you harvest.

-No fertilizer "shocks" the plants into budding.

-Starches and sugars break down during curing, not before budding.

It makes sense that water and light deprevation would signal the finishing of the season for the plant, and it would naturally begin to end it's life cycle. Shorter days are an outcome of the fall turning to winter as well as less rain. The plants also use less water during the final weeks of flowering anyway. Also, his technique is not about breaking down the starches while the plant is alive, it's about allowing the starches to receed into the roots and out of the buds via and extra long dark period before harvest. The absence of these starches in the buds may not increase potency, but they will make it taste better.

Back
Top Bottom