Does root rot smell like rotten eggs?

Personal Stash

My grow room smelled like rotten eggs a while back and I thought it was old leaves decomposing. I threw them out and eventually the smell went away. Today it came back. I heard Epsom salt can do this and I did use a little yesterday, but I have used it a lot in the past and never smelled anything. Both times it has happened, my a/c was on the blink and the room was a few degrees warmer, say 78f. I am growing in a peat-moss/vermiculite mix{Dr. Bugbee's mix} and grow in fabric pots. I also use Jacks nutrients. Is this from Epsom salt, I hope? Thanks. :hookah:

It probably is the Epsom salt- you'd have to be overwatering the crap out of her to get root rot in a fabric pot, and I'm not sure that would even do it... in Hydro, or in a SIP, yes, it's a definite possibility that there may be some root rot...but in a fabric pot, I don't think so.
Epsom Salt is Magnesium Sulfate, and it's the sulfate part that does the stinking...

Hey Carcass, look at all that bling. Well done. I will have to check all those out when I get time. I think you are right. I was hoping you guys would say that. I will do nothing and that's easy enough. Thanks for taking time for me. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom