Does this look normal? Black dry flower

Jimmy Pete

I understand the dark purple color can be a good thing but my lower branches on couple plants flower have turned black and dry dosent smell like the other flower on the plant. Is this type of mold or just drying unhealthy flower ? Thanks in advance as always.

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

looks great to me….. I’m of the opinion that you have colorful genetics at work and zero problems

the scent will change as plant matures and it’s easy for the gardener to become nose blind to the scent…. wash your hands then do a stem rub and Hoover on that for few minutes. I’m pretty confident she will be delightfully funky

But please lets wait to see what else the crew says

I can't tell if that is good or bad but I am leaning towards bad. Have temps been really low? I see alot of leaf structure in those flowers but no calyx structure. Are you able to cull a nug and open it up for further inspection? What strain is that?

I have an afghan doing same thing but on all the flower not just lower branches. That’s been black since mid summer.

I understand the dark purple color can be a good thing but my lower branches on couple plants flower have turned black and dry dosent smell like the other flower on the plant. Is this type of mold or just drying unhealthy flower ?
Those do not even look like flowers. There do not appear to be any pistils, stigma or calyx which would explain why you do not get the odor of a flower.

More like something is causing the growing tips to develop abnormally. Judging by the colors it does look like a mold problem as some have mentioned.

Black flower is on lower branches upper still green
It’s not sticky and smells different than the green flower on same plant.
Sounds like it is time to show a photograph of the other green flowers. I might help pinpoint the problem or verify the suspicion that it is a mold problem.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom