Does Vaping buds still make you cough?

After 7 years with my bestest friend the volcano, I believe I have minimized ( never eliminated ) the coughing problem with the following tips:#1
Most important is to empty bag completely before filling. I mean empty. Any stale vapor remaining will contaminate the fresh vapor.I pretend I'm back in 60s rolling a joint at an orgy (it was 1974). I methodically eliminate all remaining vapor. Takes time but most important !!!
#2 -I have been using the premade bags so I tie off about a 1/4 off the bag to minimize volume. It stays fresher and tastier and I'm less likely to take a hard draw.
#3 sip at the valve, don't draw deep
#4 turn fan on and allow it to blow through chamber for about 10 seconds until vapor starts coming strong before capping with bag. I'm sure there is a (science) reason for this,but it seems to be a smoother less coughy hit and that's all that matters.
5# I vape at 325. It's a compromise, but it's less caustic (to me) at that temp and I can smoke lots more. Lots.
I've tried everything to eliminate the cough, but everyone coughs, my son says it helps infuse it into system and I'm not sure I disagree
Hopes this helps someone

Hi Hawkgt,

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Nice informative post. #3 tip is a must on all vaporizer's and once learned correctly save's a boatload on wasted herb/oil. Great read, Thanks!

After 7 years with my bestest friend the volcano, I believe I have minimized ( never eliminated ) the coughing problem with the following tips:#1
Most important is to empty bag completely before filling. I mean empty. Any stale vapor remaining will contaminate the fresh vapor.I pretend I'm back in 60s rolling a joint at an orgy (it was 1974). I methodically eliminate all remaining vapor. Takes time but most important !!!
#2 -I have been using the premade bags so I tie off about a 1/4 off the bag to minimize volume. It stays fresher and tastier and I'm less likely to take a hard draw.
#3 sip at the valve, don't draw deep
#4 turn fan on and allow it to blow through chamber for about 10 seconds until vapor starts coming strong before capping with bag. I'm sure there is a (science) reason for this,but it seems to be a smoother less coughy hit and that's all that matters.
5# I vape at 325. It's a compromise, but it's less caustic (to me) at that temp and I can smoke lots more. Lots.
I've tried everything to eliminate the cough, but everyone coughs, my son says it helps infuse it into system and I'm not sure I disagree
Hopes this helps someone

Just got a Launch Box. I cannot speak of Volcanoes, etc., I've tried them, just haven't been able to come up with the donaro. Have a lot of vape pens, micro g's, diamond vap, etc. Skeptical at first when I opened the launch box. Replaced the factory batteries with some new Duracell rechargeables (what a diff). Once you learn to vape proper with this unit, it grows on you. The craftsmanship is well done. Love this little rig. No need for the big boys, at least not yet.

Small shallow tokes work very well on reducing coughing instead of a big rip helps immensely.

I have used about 10 different models of vaporizers (including the illustrious and notorious Volcano!) but my favorite to this day is my Magic Flight Launch Box! Its a super tiny, portable, battery-operated vaporizer. The temperature is controlled by the speed and force of your breath. Its very sophisticated for being so tiny and simple and always produces a clean vaporization experience and I never have combustion related to overheating (aka "just smokin' it"). But to answer your question, I still cough sometimes due to heated air in my lungs but its more of a light superficial cough compared to the harsh hacking of say, hitting a blunt. It doesnt hurt. I'm by no means an expert but I can tell you from personal experience that I can tell a major difference in how I feel physically and the quality of the high since I made the switch to exclusively vaporizing and no longer smoking (ok, I admit - sometimes the lure of a nice thick J is too much! lol!) and I highly reccomend making the switch!

Vapor generally seems to have more of a tickle on the throat then smoke from what I've found.
To stop your vapor being as harsh / tickly there is a couple of things you can try

1. Stick to lower temperatures and thinner vapor - The higher the temperature = the thicker the vapor = the harsher the vapor

2. Filter your vapor through a water pipe

3. Take smaller hits

Congratulations on making the switch and hope you continue to enjoy the vapor! you will stop coughing as much in no time

i have an extreme Q and even on the higher settings dont really cough to much from it... man i love that vaporizer especially for the price ;)

I just got a vaporizer last week. been messing around with it. My bud has a volcano and he uses it around 375F, not sure why but mine likes 345

It took a while to find that sweet spot for temp and I imagine you must do that with every vaporizer you get.

Anyhow I do like it, much healthier to see all that brown crap I did not smoke go into the garbage..

But still it makes me cough, worse some times.. Maybe cause I'm taking bigger hits I dunno.

Anyone into vaporizers? Any good ones from sponsors here? Got any input? :)

We are developing a line of high quality vaporizers and would love your feedback on what is most important to you. Please take a few minutes to provide us feedback on our survey. We will use this information to make you the best possible product!

Best regards,

Magic Within

A little but NOWHERE near as bad as bongs and with bongs the cough tends to 'linger' around where as the vaping cough is just temporary.

I own a Digital volcano and in general I don't usually cough when hitting it, especially in comparison to hitting a bong. However, there's definitely been times where my lungs have been bad shape and it feels like using the vape makes it worse. I would recommend running to try running it at a lower temp.

your lungs really don't appreciate anything other than oxygen, nitrogen, and whatever else is in the atmosphere in them for any period of time. if you're doing it right a vaporizer will make you choke - too. however, it doesn't have to.

as you learn the draw you'll learn to anticipate the throat hit well before it happens. for me at least, vaporizers are a cakewalk all the way up to almost full lung saturation at which point you get a strong throat hit/tickle and you know you're full. joints, pipes, bongs etc all hit the throat much sooner and harder so there is a bit of learning here.

some vapes doesn't matter, you're getting a harsh hit. the gpro as an example and all the pens that use the same form factor (that i've tried) suck IMO. These things all hit uber harsh. I personally haven't found a portable flower vape that is worth a crap. the portable concentrate pens on the other hand - big fan of these at concerts n such. real easy to sneak tokes in a crowd, easy to pass to my girl, etc.

also the hits get harsher as you go. greens is typically a much lighter hit than say 1/2 way done with the 'bowl'. half way done is about the best hits IMO. you get this ramp where the first 1-4 hits are meh, the next 4 hits are extremely full hits, then depending on the strain it tapers off back towards mellower hits until there is nothing left.

btw, save your vaprized 'waste'. toss it in a mason jar and when it's full make cannabutter (or w/e). also if you use a whip like the hotbox, where the whip attaches to the glass piece, over time this piece fills up with this 'waste' too. again, scrape it out and toss it in the mason jar. unlike pipe/bong resin this stuff isn't awful to deal with and still gets you high as balls. also stretches your dollar further. second harvest bitches!

Back
Top Bottom