Don't get busted in the first place.

TheOldGuy

There has been more than one occasion in which I was pulled over while in possession of marijuana, but I exercised my rights and was let free on the spot. You can do the same.

Like the video says, never under ANY circumstances, consent to a search. That includes when you really have nothing to hide.

Also, make sure you get the officer's name and badge number (it should be on the citation) in case he harasses you or searches you illegally. Even if he doesn't find anything, you can still file a complaint.

Hey OldGuy seems like you know your stuff...so could you/or anyone answer me that if probable cause- like a cop smelling weed or him seeing you pass around a blunt is probable cause to search the vehicle. So they said that the only way they could pat you down is if it's a situation where you may have a weapon on you. So are they able to search you without a dog smelling it on you or what?..thanks.

if they see you passing a blunt, say it was a cigar and DON'T LET THEM SEARCH. he'll probably search you, but his case might not hold up in court.

Smell is probable cause and has been proven so repeatedly. Keep windows closed and only cracked when needed, as demonstrated in the movie, and always state thay you don't smell anything out of the ordinary, and as such, you will not consent to a search.

After that, there is nothing else to say. Just keep asking if you are free to go now.

One Three said:
Smell is probable cause and has been proven so repeatedly. Keep windows closed and only cracked when needed, as demonstrated in the movie, and always state thay you don't smell anything out of the ordinary, and as such, you will not consent to a search.

After that, there is nothing else to say. Just keep asking if you are free to go now.

and if you smoke constantly, then technically to you, you don't smell anything out of the ordinary :laughtwo:

One Three said:

keep windows open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont want to get the car smokey thats probable cause and possibly wreckless driving!

You seem to have misunderstood me. You roll your windows up when you are pulled over. No matter how careful you are, there will always be lingering smell in your car. You don't want the cop to be able to smell it.

SkinnyMike said:
keep windows open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont want to get the car smokey thats probable cause and possibly wreckless driving!
Says who? Who's to say that you aren't smoking cigarettes and that's why your car is smokey.

Leave your windows up when you get pulled over. If he asks, say you were smoking cigarettes and let him know you do not consent to a search.

Are you sure that video is up to date with the law? I recently purchased the book; Busted! Drug War Survival Skills: From the Buy to the Bust to Begging for Mercy, by M. Chris Fabricant, a defense attorney. This book says a lot of things opposite to that of the video... here are some parts...

"Recently the supreme court has said fuck it, no more little annoying rules; were drawing a bright line: the police can pull over anyone they want, for any reason they want, search anything they want and all of the passengers too." p.142 (for any others who own this)

"If you refuse to consent, the cop will assume you have drugs, likely in the trunk, and call a drug dog.(The supreme court recently decided the police do not need any reason at all to have a dog sniff for drugs during a roadside stop.) If you do consent, the cop will tear apart your ride looking for the drugs. Cops have been known to keep electric drills in their cruisers to take apart cars right by the side of the road. If all this sounds unfair and hard to beat, it is. Your attention is directed to the first sentence of this chapter. (Your car is a bad place to party.)" p.154 & 155

Those are just a few that i have found so far in scanning through this book which i purchased last night, does anyone know which things are true? This book is copyrighted 2006 so its up to date and it clearly states that those new laws are recently passed...

^If any of that ever happened, it wouldn't hold up in a courtroom. Cops may be able to gey away with shit on the road, but once the video footage from the police dashboard camera comes out, he won't have a chance in court, unless you're just really unlucky and get a bad judge.

Back
Top Bottom