Dont have a thermostat.how often to turn on my vents

doughboy79

I have a intake and exaust for my 120 sq foot grow, i have two chunky squirlcage fans 200-275 *they are work station motors for sucking up plaster so i dont know their exact run speed* but i am working on a beer budget and want some champagine flavored buds :p so if anyone can come up with a resonable intervial i should be running the intake and exaust at....my babys are having to deal with a muggy climate all day and i have a feeling that this could be a big step in furthering my babys overall life :p i just bought two timers specificly for the intake and exaust so if needed they can be run through out the day while the lights are off too, i'm going to work on getting a enviromental control but coming up with cash on one of those can be kinda tricky, they want like 500 for a decent one *oh man some of them make me drool * So how often should i run my intake and exaust? i'm thinking every 15 mins? i forgot to mention i'm trying to save on my energy bill and these suckers are good at sucking up electricity. Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance, doughboy

Re: Dont have a thermostat.....how often to turn on my vents

thats the thing lol, my squirlcage fans are so ancient i dont know the specifics on them.....plus my electric bill has been un-afordable........i need to get new fans i think..i picked up a "killawatt" meter to see how much they use and the amps was like 105 something like that.........its too hot not to use anything but they are killing me........

thank you guys for your advice, green you were right, i checked the amp output on my "killawat" tool and my fan is pumpin out 4.04 amps and like 105 watts right away.........how many watts does your 450 pull green? i think i need two new fans real bad.......

which is more important? intake or exaust?

On figuring watts. Volts X Amps = Watts
110volts X 7amps + 770watts.
These are just general because they do vary some, but when you're trying to figure how many watts to put on an average 25amp breaker.
110volts X 25amps + 2750watts
You don't want to go that high though. Try to stay about 2/3's of the rated line. And all electrical motors and even hps lights surge when they first fire up. Thats why if you're running close to the limit put timers on them so they start a couple minutes apart.

Back
Top Bottom