How much a u-turn on ducking exaust affect air flow

onizuka88

I have a 203 cfm fan 4'' with filtration for exaust in 4x4 my exaust ducking do a u-turn to go to the window 12 ft ducking is the loss in sucking power is really significant ?
20190614_131302.jpg

I don’t see the utiurn but if it’s gradual it should be fine. If you have bent or kinked the pipe that would reduce airflow.

Using solid smooth pipe it would all perform better.
the ducking pass right above the filter so it does a complete u-turn so it 2x 90 degres half foot apart
i could switch the fan on the left and exaust from the side of the tent but its less convenient in the room i wonder if i would gain significant boost for doint that

Hey @onizuka88! The u-turn May reduce your airflow up to 50%. But feel the output out the exhaust and feel how much is coming out compared to if there’s no u-turn, it should give you an idea if you need adjust things or not :yummy:

Hey @onizuka88! The u-turn May reduce your airflow up to 50%. But feel the output out the exhaust and feel how much is coming out compared to if there’s no u-turn, it should give you an idea if you need adjust things or not :yummy:
thx guys ill probably make some changes tonight ill kepp you guys posted

Always happy to help out bro, glad it helped things! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom