Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

Yes sir, those plants are looking mighty fine!

When you say you're going to go 1/4 strength, how much per gallon are you using and what are you going by? The suggestions on the label? Or info on the web?

1/4 strength FF BB = 7.5 ml = 1/2 Tbsp. ;)

:surf:

Well there ya go, :laughtwo: according to fox farms website, 2 tbsp is recommended so 1/2 tbsp is spot on, thanks Dro! :thanks: I'm not too worried about over doing big bloom (was even thinking about 1/2 strength feeding) since big bloom is a reasonably gentle additive but I decided to start it off slow.

Thanks for the input guys! :grinjoint:

:peace:

They will be fine lol 58 is nuthin... they probly stopped growing for 6 hours though.

:thanks: Stealthy!

I watered the girls this morning everyone. After combining my 1/2 gal. of distilled water with my melted snow water the Ph was a little bit low. But before adding any PH up or down I remembered that nutes are typically on the acidic side :grinjoint: So after doing a 1/2 strength dose of Big Bloom I gave the girls a nice watering :rollit:

I'll take pictures later tonight!

Yah always adjust PH after nutes...
My tap water has a ph of 7 after sitting for a couple days after I add nutes its about 6

Think about other plants, since afterall Marijuana is an herb. Most plants die after being hit with frost (maybe after a couple times) and even though Marijuana is a very hardy plant cold does affect it. I'd say that it can handle anything down to 32 degrees F but what really matters is how long it is exposed.

Even if a person steps out into cold weather, they can pretty much handle is for a while but as time goes on it starts to affect you more and more.

On the other end, heat tends to make marijuana plants stretch (I still have no idea why) and eventually comes to a point where it's too much' I'd say in the low 100's of constant exposure. Again, if it's exposed to the heat but for not a long time it will probably be just fine.

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong because this whole explanation came to me while toking up :rofl:

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents :grinjoint:

Day 12: After Watering

I know I keep bring up #2's droopy leaves but when I checked on them this evening #2's 1st and 2nd set of leaves where more droopy than it has been. Could this be from I watered them earlier that day? Or maybe I watered too much? Or am I just paranoid again :laughtwo: and it is just fine?

Otherwise thing's are looking good guys, heres some pics for ya

63.jpeg

64.jpeg

65.jpeg

66.jpeg

67.jpeg

Thanks for any input everyone!

Once again I was over thinking and it turned out to be nothing :grinjoint: With a good night's rest (unlike me, stupid finals) both girls are very perky, no pun intended ha :grinjoint: They seemed to love their feeding of Big Bloom and I swear #1 gained a whole set of leaves overnight!

I'll have some pics later on tonight :cheer:

Day 13

Big growth over night from both plants and my room is definitely starting to smell very "herby" :grinjoint: So I'll see if it gets any worse and if it does I'll be putting my Ona gel in there.

It's amazing how Lowryder's grow though. 13 days and I have yet to have to lower the pots at all. After some research, it seems that Lowryder's spent the first 2 weeks or so bushing out then starts growing more vertically after that. :yummy: So we will see how the next several days go as I pass the 2 week mark. :grinjoint:

68.jpeg

69.jpeg

70.jpeg

711.jpeg

72.jpeg

The only problem I've had so far is trying to bump up that humidity, it's just so hard here in the cold dry winter :hmmmm: Even with the humidifier, the average is probably around 30%. Can't say I'm not trying!!

That's it for now everyone!

Yeah #1 is taking off, and getting really bushy! Hard to believe it's just a day older. It's hard to tell, but she's sprouted those 7 blade sets, right? I hope they both stay nice and short and bushy for you. Speaking of which I wanted to pass along a recommendation I got, "bushmaster" is supposedly a really good fert for helping plants grow short and fat. I'm going to try and pick up some today and maybe use a little next watering (but I'll be careful).

Have you noticed if leaves tend to droop more at a certain time of day?

Decent explanation about the temps. It's about what I expected and seems to make sense.

How close are your plants to your bulb? I'm keeping mine about 2" away (give or take a bit).

Yeah #1 is taking off, and getting really bushy! Hard to believe it's just a day older. It's hard to tell, but she's sprouted those 7 blade sets, right? I hope they both stay nice and short and bushy for you. Speaking of which I wanted to pass along a recommendation I got, "bushmaster" is supposedly a really good fert for helping plants grow short and fat. I'm going to try and pick up some today and maybe use a little next watering (but I'll be careful).

Have you noticed if leaves tend to droop more at a certain time of day?

Decent explanation about the temps. It's about what I expected and seems to make sense.

How close are your plants to your bulb? I'm keeping mine about 2" away (give or take a bit).

Yup, #1 is working on her 7 leaf set and #2 is on her 5 set.

I do think that that Bushmaster stuff would work great for you but since my plants seem to stay short and bushy as it is I don't know if I need any more of that:grinjoint: With my luck theyd be too bushy and I wouldn't have enough room width wise.

I've started to noticed that my leaves dont necessarily droop at a certain time of day but I have noticed that they droop right after a watering, but then perk right back up the next day.

My bulb right now is about 3 inches away from the tops, but that's not saying much as both are under 3 in tall :laughtwo:

Yup, #1 is working on her 7 leaf set and #2 is on her 5 set.

I do think that that Bushmaster stuff would work great for you but since my plants seem to stay short and bushy as it is I don't know if I need any more of that:grinjoint: With my luck theyd be too bushy and I wouldn't have enough room width wise.

I've started to noticed that my leaves dont necessarily droop at a certain time of day but I have noticed that they droop right after a watering, but then perk right back up the next day.

My bulb right now is about 3 inches away from the tops, but that's not saying much as both are under 3 in tall :laughtwo:

Hey, Bushmaster is quite pricey, im not sure its worth it for a PC mini cab grow. Actually because of your space constraints, it would probably be more effective to just lst and suppercropp. I only say this because bushmaster can run $80+ for a quart lol. But if you do decide to move forward with bushmaster get some liquid kelp extract to foliar with. The kelp & Bushmaster combine in a synergistic fashion.

Your lil ladies are lookin good token. keep up the good work :goodjob:

+rep

Day 16: Could it be?!

I've got some pretty exciting news guys, #1 SEEMS to be female after only 16 days! While doing my daily checkout of both plants, #1 is showing a couple white pistils at the nodes. :yummy: Too bad I have no way of taking any kind of pictures to show you guys.

This is very odd because if you know anything about lowryder's the males are supposed to show several days before females and thats around day 21. :surf:

Still no signs from #2 yet but remember that it's 1-2 days younger than #1. :slide: I also watered the girls today with just straight PH water so I expect some drooping until tomorrow.

78.jpeg

79.jpeg

80.jpeg

That's it for now everyone!

Back
Top Bottom