Midnightexpress Autoflower Journal

Yea I totally agree , I wouldn't risk it . I wanted to do auto bluecheese for my first grow but I told the guy in my local seedshop that I didn't have a carbon filter and he said that strain would stink out the house at 6 inches lol ;) . He said midnightexpress is more of a low oder and advised me to get this strain . Dont get me wrong if I touch a bud my fingers smell lush but I cant smell it in my room or house which is great . :) I've just made a carbon filter yesterday and I'm waiting on the carbon to be delivered . I hope it works lol can't wait to do some sticky strains . I'm looking into getting the onagel fresh linen , I've heard its great . Also I got some blackstrap this morning , hopefully it'll help bulk her up . Thanks daTenshi .

I forgot to say I read about the blackjack autoflower and it looks yummy lol I really like the original jack herrer so I would love to try this strain ;)

Day 51 from seed
DSC_02756.jpg
DSC_02808.jpg
DSC_028111.jpg
DSC_02787.jpg

Looking great. Seems to progress nicely, and the buds are getting fatter.

Maybe more focused pics :biglaugh: I am a little blind and it's hard to tell what's happening.:sorry:

I don't know if I won the baby lottery with lady Black Jack or that's how the strain behaves. It started to stink since she was only 2 nodes high, with no pre-flowers or trics on her. At first I thought I was imagining things, but now when you walk in the house she's the first thing to greet you. :laughtwo: I'm afraid to think what will happen when I will see the first buds :rofl:

:circle-of-love:

Wow very nice and clean setup and your girl looks great . Also some pics of frosty nug with nice colours . Your picture quality is great I'll upgrade soon Very impressive ;)

Sorry I couldn't look through all pics its been a long day lol I'm going to read your journals and check out all your pics tomorrow. Thanks again :)

Hey daTenshi first time round I used 101 true watts of cfl's and this time round I'm using a 200w dual spectrum as the main light with two 20w red spectrum and one 23w red spectrum as side lights , all are true watts . ;)

Yea thanks I think it's like half the tubes on the bulb are red spectrum and the other half blue but like red blue red blue if you know what I mean lol im still high . So I think its 100w red and 100w blue ? I added the extra red cfl's so there's more red than blue . I'm thinking of getting the 300 w red cfl to use for flowering and I'd just use the dual for veg .
Also since starting the blackstrap feeds shes really looking better all the buds are small but getting fatter . She was drinking a litre every 2 day's and since starting the blackstrap she's drinking a litre a day ! :) The pot is so light in the morning she's basically drained it lol . Does this mean she might put on a bit more weight ? And thanks again

Much of her final weight will be put in the last two weeks. If she is drinking so much it's great. As you will approach the end of her life she will start drinking less and less.
I'm happy she likes the molasses. Remember to alternate it, water-molasses-water-molasses etc. Great part is, molasses doesn't need to get flushed out at the end, and it can keep feeding the girl at the important parts in her cycle, the last weeks where she will swell up like crazy.
:cheer:

Yea I just wish I got this at the start of the grow lol better late than never I suppose . :) and I just love the fact that ths site lets members look at eachothers pics in slideshow mode lol I just blazed a fatty watching a slide show of your pics and wow you get some great results . Lots of great pictures there and proper frosty bud ! Loving it . ;)

Thanks! :circle-of-love: Really happy you've enjoyed it!

I really like cfl's and the way plants finish under them.. It's a shame you can only do a plant at a time really. I only got to two max under the current set-up, but decided to go back to one in the end. If I'd get more cfl's it would not be worth the money spent on energy. I don't know there, but here electricity is very expensive.

Looking into energy saving with LEDs. Recently ordered a grow light, which would allow me to grow more plants at a time. Was very cheap so my expectations are pretty low :laughtwo: but started under cfl's and transitioning to LEDs to finish could work out great.
:circle-of-love:

Yea sounds like a good idea I was looking into LEDs but wasnt to sure about power costs heat problems but all the videos I've watched show that even the cheaper LEDs are really good . What is your total watts when in bloom with cfl's and did you mix colours red/blue or were you all red ? Thanks :)

Also my 200w dual spectrum costs less than 1 pence an hour here in the UK . I could get a 300w red that cost less than 2 pence an hour and just hang both without a reflector during bloom next time . ;) I'm guessing with 500w I'd get a far better yield doing it that way while still keeping it on a budjet . :)

Do you think 500w is overkill in my sort of grow space lol I would need to add more pc fan's for extraction but ive just made a carbonfilter with 3 pc fan's and it works great so I'd just make another lol extra oder control at the same time as removing all the extra heat . Thanks

Back
Top Bottom