Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

Sounds good broha, and plus with that size box you wont be running 24hr for long anyways and you can just have the light come on during the coolest part of the day.

I'm running 18/6 right now but remember that I'm growing an autoflower strain and since we just got about 6 in of snow here, it's going to be cold here for a while :laughtwo: but that's why I adjusted my thermostat since it's usually on the warm side in my apartment.

I have a programmable thermostat 5/day 2/day for week days I set it around 64 during the day when no one is home and right before my wife comes home it goes up to 67 then back down while we're sleeping... saves allot on heat if you have a set schedule and are out. Im home most of the day but I prefer it cool.

I'd like to bring mine down that cool to help with my temps but usually at least one person is in my apartment, either me or my roomate but both of us usually chill around with a hoodie on anyway so I may bring it down even more.

:peace:

Hey Token,

I have a large wattage cfl too. I have the 100w and you got the 125w lol.. I dont think your picture does justice to how big those friggin bulbs truly are lol. Trust me it kicks ass, it will be perfect for the kinda grow you have. Bulbs are always extra hot when you first buy them but after about 7-10 days they start to run at a lower temp which im sure you've noticed.
the coco/ff/perlite mix sounds like its going to kick ass!

:popcorn:

Hey Token,

I have a large wattage cfl too. I have the 100w and you got the 125w lol.. I dont think your picture does justice to how big those friggin bulbs truly are lol. Trust me it kicks ass, it will be perfect for the kinda grow you have. Bulbs are always extra hot when you first buy them but after about 7-10 days they start to run at a lower temp which im sure you've noticed.
the coco/ff/perlite mix sounds like its going to kick ass!

Welcome Drojo, I've been waiting for ya to visit my journal because I've been following Greenblood's and other's PC grows and seen ya in there.

It seems to be getting the job done so far :grinjoint: And now that you mentioned it it did get cooler but I never knew that before you said anything. My soil mix also seems to be doing great. It drains just fine and seems nice and light when the soil drys out.

I did end up watering this morning with PH'd distilled water.These pots seem to have their limit of 2 SOLO cups :laughtwo: before they end up draining. I tested the PH of the runoff and ended up being 6.0. Is that too low?

I wouldnt shoot myself over 6.0 but you do want it in the 6.3-6.8. Cannabis tends to do better in a slightly acidic ph. They should be fine tho, i've ph'd my plants runoff and the ph was 5.9 and they seemed happy as all hell lol. Bro the mix is perfect for them at this stage, and but before flower you might want to mix a lil more soil in(unless you dont mind watering more often), cause during flower, your ladies are goin to be thirstay!

Im starting to really like the micro grows. The mega grows of the elites are cool to watch,but i like the detail and passion that usually come with stealth/micro grows :popcorn:

Ok good, I plan on investing in a PH meter sometime in the future so I can dial in on it more. But I can try and add some soil to the pots for flower but it might be tough since I might have to transplant them in order to add the extra soil OR carefully mix it in without taking the plant out.

I'm also glad another person is interested in the micro grow and I do think it takes more precision and care than larger grows.

Get the milwalkee ph600. its pretty cheap and decently accurate. I've had good success with it through two grows. As far as the soil drying out, they should be alright, but if you're soil is too airy during flowering you might find yourself watering everyday. Dont worry tho, you should be alright. It was just a concern, i wasnt tryna scare you or anything ;).
Buds can look just as pretty if not prettier in a small micro grow. Have you seen gangalicious's grow? Gorgeous, dense, sparkly buds and in only a 2.4 sq ft box. Lovely. When are you gonna flip your ladies to 12/12?

Get the milwalkee ph600. its pretty cheap and decently accurate. I've had good success with it through two grows. As far as the soil drying out, they should be alright, but if you're soil is too airy during flowering you might find yourself watering everyday. Dont worry tho, you should be alright. It was just a concern, i wasnt tryna scare you or anything ;).
Buds can look just as pretty if not prettier in a small micro grow. Have you seen gangalicious's grow? Gorgeous, dense, sparkly buds and in only a 2.4 sq ft box. Lovely. When are you gonna flip your ladies to 12/12?

Thank you, I'll look into it especially if it's cheap :grinjoint:

But honestly, I wouldn't mind watering everyday since I check on my girls several times per day. Since this is my first real serious grow I'm not expected huge yields but I think if done properly I can get 3/4 oz out of my 2 plants (If theyre both females of coarse, but even if I get a male I'll make my own seeds) and I only have about .86 sq feet to work with :grinjoint:

Finally, I mentioned this in the beginning of my journal but I'm growing Lowryder 2's so no need to switch rather I started at 24/7 for the seedlings but a couple days ago I switched to 18/6 once they seemed to have established themselves.

Day 6:
Temp
High: 83
Low: 67

RH
High: 40%
Low: 28%

I may worry too much but do the somewhat droopy leaves (especially on plant #2) seem like any kind of problem. I'm thinking it's just cause they are getting bigger and it's nothing to worry about but I'm not 100% sure. Otherwise both girls seem to be doing just fine. :grinjoint::cheer:

Right before lights out:

411.jpeg

421.jpeg

43.jpeg

44.jpeg

45.jpeg

Day 6:
Temp
High: 83
Low: 67

RH
High: 40%
Low: 28%

I may worry too much but do the somewhat droopy leaves (especially on plant #2) seem like any kind of problem. I'm thinking it's just cause they are getting bigger and it's nothing to worry about but I'm not 100% sure. Otherwise both girls seem to be doing just fine. :grinjoint::cheer:

Right before lights out:

411.jpeg

421.jpeg

43.jpeg

44.jpeg

45.jpeg

nah dont worry, she looks just fine :goodjob:

Day 7:

The curling/twisting of #2 still isn't getting better (maybe a little worse) even though dro said it was nothing to worry about, but I can't help to think that something is wrong. Please tell me what ya guys think.

Otherwise #1 looks GREAT! :cheer: and working on its 3rd set of leaves.

47.jpeg

46.jpeg

48.jpeg

49.jpeg

50.jpeg

I'd also say now that #2 is a couple days behind #1 in growth. #2 seems to be growing a really thin set of 2nd set leaves. Is this normal? You can kind of see it in the pics but they seem healthy but just are thinner than #1's leaves.

Also, if you didn't notice I rotated the 2 pots from front to back along with rotating each pot a quarter turn to hopefully even out the light distribution each part of the plant is getting. And sorry for the low quality pics so far, hopefully I'll be getting a digital camera for x-mas!

:peace:

Hmmm, still looks alright to me. Whats the Ph of your waterings bro?

Sounds good. We'll keep our eyes on it, but thus far it looks normal. Any thought on what ya think might be goin on with it token?

You're doing great Token! You've got the passion and precision for sure. Not like me, I haven't even checked my PH yet. I like how you're rotating the containers. If I can get my speakerbox going, I will have to adopt that idea.

How do you like the fans in your PC case? How quiet are they? I've been on the lookout for something fairly small, efficient, and most importantly quiet.

Getting a new camera for christmas? Awesome. Just in time for some great subjects to shoot huh?

Back
Top Bottom