Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

lol good to hear yah post office is sloooooooow.
I would use 2x4 cutoffs or small cardboard boxes anything that will fit really.
How many did you get?

I ended up getting 10 lowryders and getting 2 ones free, a haze one and lemon skunk. So now I got something to also do in the summer :grinjoint:

dvd or cd cases!
I know! It's such an awesome idea! haha :ganjamon:

Here are the babies germin':

191.jpeg

Ended up having to use toilet paper instead of paper towels, I hope TP works just as good, I didn't realize that I was out of paper towels before going to the store.

I was also wondering if everyone could give me some ideas on how to make a cheap reflector for my CFL because, as you will see, a lot of light escapes through the exhaust fans. The only problem is that I have maybe 3/4 in from the top of the bulb to the fans so I only have that much area to work with. But I do have an idea using a 2 liter pop bottle and cutting it to a certain degree. Then cut a few good sized holes for ventilation so the fans can still do their thing. This will still let a little light out, but less than before hopefully. Finally, I'd line the inside of the pop bottle with the mylar that I have. What do you guys think about this.

Also here are some pics of the top of the PC case so you can get an idea of ideas to give me for a reflector:

20.jpeg

211.jpeg

221.jpeg

That's all for right now guys, I'm sure I'll have an update soon as the germinating process gets going! :cheer:

I made one using aluminum coil for siding its in my journal first few pages I think but you could use just a roll of the regular roof flashing and bend it to fit.

Me and you are doing a similar thing. +rep for that.

I think you are ahead of me by a couple weeks in overall preparation. I like to think of myself as some sort of MacGyver though.

The light isnt that far from the roof anyway. Just worry about the roof. Anything u add to the light will add heat i would think. That light will need all the air around it.

Me and you are doing a similar thing. +rep for that.

I think you are ahead of me by a couple weeks in overall preparation. I like to think of myself as some sort of MacGyver though.

The light isnt that far from the roof anyway. Just worry about the roof. Anything u add to the light will add heat i would think. That light will need all the air around it.

I'm not too worried about heat, especially with winter coming on my room will stay cool enough and my CFL doesn't get too hot anyway :grinjoint:
But I'm seriously thinking about my 2 liter pop bottle reflector, seems like it would work.

Looking nice !

Good luck !

MJ420:peace:

Thank you MJ420! :thanks: :welcome:

No real update on the germing, hasn't even been 12 hours and I'm getting really antsy!

Hello, where did u get the fans?
can u help me get started with my project, i have a pc tower.
do i just strip everything inside?
:thanks:

Those fans came with the tower. The tower's original use was for a lot of gaming so it came with 4 huge fans to allow for cooling of the gaming components but who knew it would also cool something else :grinjoint:

and yes I gutted the whole thing inside. There was only 1 driver bay to get through but there were plenty of support bars and an aluminum plate on one of the sides that I also took off. While stripping it clean you will come across rivots, just take a small drilling drill bit and drill through it, itll pop right off.
:welcome:

Update! Before I go to work I thought I had to update what's going on, as of right now I have 1 seed that has cracked after only 24 hours! The other one hasn't showed any signs but I'm hopeful and can maybe plant the one that has started later tonight after I get off work, that would truly make my night.

Its hard to take good pics of little seeds with the camera from my phone so it might have to wait until tomorrow.

But I have more good news!

I checked my 2 seeds after getting off work and found that the second seed has cracked :cheer: AND the first seed now has a taproot poking through! :cheer:

I see tomorrow being my planting day for both my seeds :grinjoint:

Ended up planting 1 of the seeds last night after reading that you should put it in your medium as soon as the tap root emerges.

So here is one of the seeds planted and one still germinating, keep in mind that was last night. :smokin:

231.jpeg

Now here are a couple of pics of the soil mixture I'm using (45% FFOF, 45% coco, 10% perlite) with a little perlite on the bottom to cover up the drainage mesh. ;)

241.jpeg

25.jpeg

I also have a question that I mentioned early in this journal. 3 of my fans have the little blue LED's on them and I couldn't shut them off without turning the fans off. When the light goes off, the LED's still glow quite brightly in a dark room. Can I get some opinions on whether you think they are bright enough to disturb the night cycle?

26.jpeg

If you do think it's too bright is there any way I could pull off or cut the LED's so that they dont light up??

Finally, this morning I checked on my 2nd seed and it now had a taproot so I ended up planting it as well :grinjoint:

27.JPEG

That's pretty much all for now until the little babies pop through :thanks:

are the leds in the fan blades or the fan housing? My PC has both kinds if they are in the blades youll have to paint them but if there in the housing you might be able to clip the wire or drill through the plastic into the wire

are the leds in the fan blades or the fan housing? My PC has both kinds if they are in the blades youll have to paint them but if there in the housing you might be able to clip the wire or drill through the plastic into the wire

They are on the fan housing, arranged around the center part but I just too nervous about cutting anything so I think I'm going to go with what MH suggested. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom