Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

Day 2 of being in the dirt and one of the seeds is just starting to break ground! :grinjoint:, the other should be following close behind, hopefully :adore:

It was hard to take any pics of the sprouting seed because it's still so small but things should start picking up now. Stay tuned for this grow all! :roorrip:

Actually 2 sprouts now :grinjoint:, the first seed that came up poped out of the ground without the shell already :ganjamon: but the second one still has the seed cover on it but Ill give it a little bit for it to shake it off.

The only problem is for some reason my phone wont let me send pictures to my email account so I might have to use my roomates phone or a digital camera :thedoubletake: SO hopefully I can update everyone with some pics soon cause they are going to be shooting up....well like weeds :rollit:

Two seedlings! Very nice! Let the games begin...

I like your question about the misting/full watering. I'm interested in the answer. I didn't think to do anything than regular watering with my seeds. The first had germinated fully with the taproot poking out, and the second I planted as a seed after soaking it for two days. Once they were planted, I kept the soil moist, but as soon as they broke ground I started letting the soil dry out before the next watering.

Day 2 of both girls being above soil and they are starting to do their thing, GROW FAST!:yummy:

Here are some pics that I promised:

29.jpeg

That's seed #1 and the first one that germed and sprouted so it's a little bit ahead of #2.

30.jpeg

311.jpeg

Both of the girls along with the temps and RH

321.jpeg

The entire setup

I'll be giving the ladies their first real watering before I go to bed (I'm aware to water in the morning but they are on 24/7 lighting so technically there is no morning :grinjoint:) I'll be cutting back 1 hour of light each night from now on until I get to 18/6.

That's pretty much it for now folks
Give me some green mojo for these ladies :cheer:

:peace:

Props on the pic update! It's nice to be able to see them, and they're looking happy. What did you end up using to get them higher? (pun intended)

Did you make any progress on your reflector, and/or paint your led's on the lights?

How much do light schedules affect plants? I went from 18/6 to one 24 hour period of dark followed immediately by 12/12. What kind of results are affected by a gradual shift like your 24/0 to 18/6 over a period of days? If a gradual shift helps the plant to grow bigger while an immediate shift stunts growth, then I'm probably ok. I did the 24 hour dark period after reading that it can help trigger flowering faster and I think decrease stretching.

Anyway here's some green mojo, greenblood style!
:roorrip::bong::bongrip::bigtoke:

Props on the pic update! It's nice to be able to see them, and they're looking happy. What did you end up using to get them higher? (pun intended)

Did you make any progress on your reflector, and/or paint your led's on the lights?

How much do light schedules affect plants? I went from 18/6 to one 24 hour period of dark followed immediately by 12/12. What kind of results are affected by a gradual shift like your 24/0 to 18/6 over a period of days? If a gradual shift helps the plant to grow bigger while an immediate shift stunts growth, then I'm probably ok. I did the 24 hour dark period after reading that it can help trigger flowering faster and I think decrease stretching.

Anyway here's some green mojo, greenblood style!
:roorrip::bong::bongrip::bigtoke:

I just ended up using some styrofoam and a few dvd cases to prop up the pots closer to the light, why make it complicated :laughtwo:

I also tried using the 2 liter bottle for a reflector but it ended up being too small :loopy: so I think I'll just make a simple one using cardboard and the mylar in a batwing style reflector.

But light cycles are the only way plants really know what time of the year it is so it's extremely important to them. I'm not too sure how a gradual change in dark period does to plants but I abandoned the gradual decrease in darkness and just went straight to 18/6 and see how that goes, might experiment with 20/4. I've read that both are good for autos. :Rasta: But since your's arent autos I'd stick with the 18/6 and they should turn out just fine! :grinjoint:

I also watered them yesterday so the girls should enjoy the nice drink and continue to do what they do :cheer:

I'll have some pics up later on how they are growing, I love how it gets bigger overnight! :cheer: and thank you for the mojo GB, all the same to you too.

Day 3:

#1 is doing really good, staying nice and short and working on it's second set of leaves :yummy:

331.jpeg

Plant #1 side view

35.jpeg

Top view

Plant #2 is a day behind #1 and is a little more stretched but still looks healthy and is too working on it's second set of leaves. :yummy:

34.jpeg

37.jpeg

and the entire set up so far:

36.jpeg

I'd like to also add that I rotate the pots from front to back every 3 days and rots the pots a quarter turn everyday so that both gets the same coverage of light.

Finally, heres some undated info on my grow:

What strain is it? Lowryder #2
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 3 days into veg
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 45%
If soil... What size pot? 2 8"x6.5"
Size of light? 125 daylight CFL
Temp of Room/cab? Lights on: 80-86 oF Lights off: 70-78 oF
RH of Room/cab? ~20% w/ humidifier: 35%
PH of media or res? 1 day after watering
Any Pests ? None
Type and strength of ferts used? FFoF ferts and Fox farm big bloom

I hear yah man.
I think when you get further along more will follow.

Im here...and thats what maters right? :grinjoint:

"no news is good news" & "when you're good, you're good"

I wish I had something to teach ya token, but not yet! It looks to me like you're doing a good job and there's nothing I can think of that you could improve. I agree that you'll get more comments later on b/c you are excellent at leaving comments and it encourages others to visit your journal. Holidays can be tough though...everyone's busy!

I laugh every time

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
Glad I can make someone laugh

The little ones are lookin good so far man, 87* as a high is still a little much though. Nevermind i went back and looked at your pics again, See if you can boost the air flow in there to bring those temps down.

Ya, that's probably my only problem is the daytime highs. I have done things to help compensate for it though.
1. I messed around with the thermostat and make the furnace go down to 69 during the day and around 71 at night
2. I added a Cool Mist humidifier that boosts the RH while also helping to cool the closet.

There is a lot of airflow, it's just that the pots are blocking it right now. Once the plants get bigger and I can lower the pots, the airflow will improve.

Thanks for the input guys!

I have a programmable thermostat 5/day 2/day for week days I set it around 64 during the day when no one is home and right before my wife comes home it goes up to 67 then back down while we're sleeping... saves allot on heat if you have a set schedule and are out. Im home most of the day but I prefer it cool.

Back
Top Bottom