Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

:thanks: GB!

Day 18:

Both plants are doing very well. I'm 99.9% sure that #1 is a female now that I can clearly see pistils pointing out of calayx's. :slide: I'd like to switch over my other CFL for flowering but the only problem is that #2 still hasn't showed any sign of being male or female. Should I switch out the bulbs even though #2 can't be sexed or keep the daylight bulb on? :smokin:

I also rotated the pots from front to back and turned them 1/4 turn. I really like this technique and really believe it gives a better coverage of light across the plant. Although I don't really have anything to compare it to, can anyone back me up on this technique?

Anyway, here's some pics for everyone:yummy:

811.jpeg

821.jpeg

831.jpeg

841.jpeg

85.jpeg

As you can see, the humidity is actually getting up to better levels. But that's mostly because of the weather, we have a snow storm coming in the next several days. Hopefully we don't lose power!

That's pretty much all for now!

:peace:

About moving the pots.
Its the same idea as a light mover just slower and manual...although I dont think you get the whole benefit that a light mover gives.
Probably keeps the plants going straight instead of bending towards the light or growing more foliage on brighter sides. probably wont be easy when they get real bushy though.

About moving the pots.
Its the same idea as a light mover just slower and manual...although I dont think you get the whole benefit that a light mover gives.
Probably keeps the plants going straight instead of bending towards the light or growing more foliage on brighter sides. probably wont be easy when they get real bushy though.

Ya, I was thinking the exact same thing. But the only thing that might be on my side is that I think they are going to start shooting more upwards now instead of all side growth. Either way I think it's beneficial to the plant. :Rasta:

Holy hell, been gone for a week and those little ones have blown up. Good job man!!

:laughtwo: Yes, you've missed quite a bit my friend but you've come back just in time for the best part! :slide:

Plant 1:
101% sure it's a female, pistil are popping out all over the nodes and the smallest hint of bud is starting! :yummy:

Plant 2: Not 100% sure it's female yet, there are a few pistil coming out near the top but not anywhere else yet.

Even though Plant 2 isn't fully showing me sex yet, I went ahead and switched out bulbs to the 2700k. Also got started on a more legit reflector made from gutter connectors :laughtwo: Does anyone know if the 6500k or the 2700k 125 watt CFL puts out more lumens?

I'll have pictures up later today to show everyone!

Gotta love the sight of pistils, If they're both throwing pistils then you most likely have two young ladies. Just keep an eye out for balls haha. Im really excited for your new pics, post up that reflector as well, i have a small CFL cab for clones and would love to see some ideas to make a reflector. Take care Token!!

Gotta love the sight of pistils, If they're both throwing pistils then you most likely have two young ladies. Just keep an eye out for balls haha. Im really excited for your new pics, post up that reflector as well, i have a small CFL cab for clones and would love to see some ideas to make a reflector. Take care Token!!

Will do MH! But keep in mind that I am not the most handy man so it wont be the prettiest reflector but I hope it'll get the job done!

My hydro shops website say the 5600k is 10500 lumens and the 2700k is 7500 lumens for the 125 watters
That's what I was afraid of. The only thing on my side is that my PC box is only about .85 sq feet so that should be plenty of lumens for that small of space, plus when I install my reflector it should help as well right?

Day 19:

Watering day is tomorrow:
Ph'd water along with big bloom and their first feeding of tiger bloom.

As you can also see that I switched the bulbs but I ditched my reflector idea, it just wasn't working out at all. Like I said, I'm not very good with my hands :laughtwo: I'm going to have to think about another idea to try.

Finally, I'm about 100% positive that I now have 2 girls :slide:

Here's some pics for everyone!

86.jpeg

87.jpeg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/88.jpeg[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/89.jpeg

Day 19:

Watering day is tomorrow:
Ph'd water along with big bloom and their first feeding of tiger bloom.

As you can also see that I switched the bulbs but I ditched my reflector idea, it just wasn't working out at all. Like I said, I'm not very good with my hands :laughtwo: I'm going to have to think about another idea to try.

Finally, I'm about 100% positive that I now have 2 girls :slide:

Here's some pics for everyone!

86.jpeg

87.jpeg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/88.jpeg[/IMG

[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/89.jpeg

Congrats on having 2 girls token!!! :cheer::clap:

Quick Question? You switched the bulbs/kelvin, but did you change the 12/12 with the 2700k or nah? Jus wondering ;)

congrats on the ladies :ganjamon::popcorn:

Day 21 :slide:

The girls seemed to love their first feeding of tiger bloom and continue to grow towards their new light.

Plant 1 is about 4 in tall now is working on her main cola and still popping out pistils all over the place and grew about 1/4 in during the night after the feeding.

Plant 2 is about 3 1/4 in tall and showing more pistils, just a little slower than #1. Still looking very healthy though!

I also had to lower my pots a little bit because of the more vertical growth both girls are doing.

Here's some pics for everyone! :cheer:

90.jpeg

911.jpeg

921.jpeg

93.jpeg

94.jpeg

Looking good man! very healthy looking.
Did you say you were getting a new camera or was that someone else? love to see those guys in a few more megapixel lol.

The big one is very bushy..

Looking good man! very healthy looking.
Did you say you were getting a new camera or was that someone else? love to see those guys in a few more megapixel lol.

The big one is very bushy..

:thanks: Stealthy, I'm pretty proud of my work so far! :grinjoint:

Hopefully I'll be getting a new camera for x-mas here, if not I'll just go buy one :grinjoint: I'd love to show ya guys closer pictures, hopefully I'll be able to do that soon.

Day 24: Winter Wonder Weed

Temp: 72
RH: 35%

Well after being buried under 14in of snow here and being snowed in at my parents place for christmas with the worry that the power would go out, I finally made it back to my own place and could check on my girls.

It's been 1 week since the first signs of flowering and the 3 days of me being away, both grew quite a bit. The soil was also bone dry when I got back so they ended up getting a watering/feeding today as well.

95.jpeg

96.jpeg

97.jpeg

98.jpeg

99.jpeg

Since this snow is going to be around for a while now, I'm going to take advantage of it again and collect some more snow to melt down into PH balanced water.

Back
Top Bottom