Double ended 1000w HPS questions!

Jersyn82

Hello everyone, I have a couple questions about double ended bulbs. First off Is 30" above plants high enough in a 5x5 tent? If not what if I turn it down to 800w? If that isn't good enough my ceiling is 10 feet high has anyone ever heard of cutting a 30"x30" hole in the top of the tent for a 25x25 reflector? I was thinking of only having about 2" hanging down in the tent with 5 inches to spare on all sides for heat. Might be stupid but it's a thought. My tent fits perfectly in my closet and I would prefer to keep it but any suggestions would help. BTW tent is 80" tall

I've had mine at LEAST 18" or even closer on the 850w setting. I left them at that height , increased the output to 1000w and ended up with some foxtailing. I'd say experiment, but go slow and be careful. These lights have a very high output I think!

Oh and at the 800w or 850w (forget which is correct!) setting I was getting way more light than a new traditional single ended 1000w bulb on a dimmable electronic ballast. I think they're very efficient,so simply dialing back could solve your issue?

Thanks that helps...I will have a minimum of 28 inches from canopy. I'm running off a Solis tek ballast I'll try 800 at first at 30 inches then adjust if needed.

Back
Top Bottom