Double ended lights

Budsgonewild

420 Member
I 'm trying the Rock wool on the 23 rd of june i put 6 seeds in rock wool all 6 are seedlings now on the 27th this all practice i'm going to give them to a friend to plant in his yard . Im thinking about a new light one of those Double ended hps lights but i want to by a tent the sales dude at the hydro shop said the size tent i want to buy is to small for that light even if it is vented i was looking at the at a 4x4 or a 2 1/2 by 8 can anybody give me input .

It depends on which double ended you want. Usually they run really hot and need 2-3 feet of head room to run at the right temp. And 3+ feet between the light and the canopy. I've seen alot of double ended's in places like warehouses and tall garages, never in a tent.

EDIT: Now that I thought about it some more, I did see two in a 9x5x9ft room once, but they were having heat issues..

Ye i've heard of them but they only fit specialized reflectors due to fitting requirements, i think most are around 1000w ? & most likely more expensive also... not sure if these reflectors are air cooled either ?

4 foot by 4 foot tents most people will use 600w or 1000w choice is yours as its your electric bill, both should ideally be used with air cooled hoods :thumb:

Double ended lights actually mean the bulbs,... are 'effing grand', see there's no shadow, a Gr*v*t* is a typical modern ..shadow free unit
Right sized tent and ample venting is a must, the bulbs don't have all that connecting jazz that casts a shadow in the foot print, allowing 99% light being emitted from the bulb

41NQj1o9VBL.jpg

Double ended lights actually mean the bulbs,... are 'effing grand', see there's no shadow, a Gravita is a typical modern ..shadow free unit
Right sized tent and ample venting is a must, the bulbs don't have all that connecting jazz that casts a shadow in the foot print, allowing 99% light being emitted from the bulb

41NQj1o9VBL.jpg

Gavitas are actually the ones I was referring to when I mentioned they need 3 feet of head room and 3 feet in between canopy and light. They are fantastic if you have that space. Heat issues if not, I've seen it happen. You can't air cool them, but they run hotter than a 1000w HPS. They have the best par spectrum of any light I've looked at though.

Back
Top Bottom