Drooping leaves

Shipper49

I’m posting these 2 pics of white widow autos, 7 weeks after germination. I’ve been giving them 18 hrs of light. They have some budding, but taller plant has drooping leaves. Not sure if this means anything? It is taller because it was very leggy to begin with, so I stake it and it continues To be leggy. Any ideas? Thnx for looking!

Attachments

• 58DFA717-6699-494A-9BF0-72854B01118A.jpeg
    58DFA717-6699-494A-9BF0-72854B01118A.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 71C1C8FA-D381-4882-9164-BA335D7CA693.jpeg
    71C1C8FA-D381-4882-9164-BA335D7CA693.jpeg
    837.2 KB · Views: 51
They are probably root bound in those little containers not filled all the way with soil. Leggy is just white widows way, and more light would help, but it looks like they are just not able to get enough water to make it through an entire day without drooping.

I would pick them up out of those containers and add some more fresh soil in underneath them, rising them right up to the top rim of those containers. The fresh soil will help give a bit of a boost and it will give the roots more room, but most importantly, more soil will be able to hold more water.

They are probably root bound in those little containers not filled all the way with soil. Leggy is just white widows way, and more light would help, but it looks like they are just not able to get enough water to make it through an entire day without drooping.

I would pick them up out of those containers and add some more fresh soil in underneath them, rising them right up to the top rim of those containers. The fresh soil will help give a bit of a boost and it will give the roots more room, but most importantly, more soil will be able to hold more water.
It looks more like leaves are curling, not drooping per se. Isn’t leaf curling a sign of some other problem?

It looks more like leaves are curling, not drooping per se. Isn’t leaf curling a sign of some other problem?
Yes, when they curl downward and point to the ground, something is wrong with the roots. Could be overwatering, or overcrowding or over feeding... I'm betting on the half container full of soil being the problem.

Back
Top Bottom