Droopy plant getting worse

RadicalSmoka3

At first I thought it was over watering but after three days of no water it's still dropping and getting worse. Can anyone help identify the problem?
420-magazine-mobile1439785173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile183579624.jpg
420-magazine-mobile870830706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1933451446.jpg

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't you have another thread about this?
Does the cup have drain holes? Your soil looks wet to me. Plant looks overwatered.
I see something on the leaves. Maybe someone else will be of more help.

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

You would get better help if you stayed in your original post. Everyone's going to repeat themselves here like I just did. Still look over watered.

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Yea that's cuz of the flash on the camera but yes I made a thread earlier this week and I added drain wholes but I think the people that sold the clone put perlite at the bottom of it

There's like a dried up slime on your leaves. Iam just not sure what it is. I hope someone can help you.

[Signature]

Yea I was wondering what that was myself I'm still learning the ropes of the growing game but I'm getting it

I suspect Germinator's right and you flooded it.

I'd "carefully" get it our of the mud and put it in dry some dry soil.... then leave it alone for several days to a week before you think about watering it again. It's kinda drastic but you don't have anything to lose at this point, once it starts rotting it'll be too late.

Cool thanks but I only watered it once since I got it last Thursday and how do I transplant it to set dirt? Like what exact steps should I do

Cool thanks but I only watered it once since I got it last Thursday and how do I transplant it to set dirt? Like what exact steps should I do

Bear in mind that you have nothing to lose by trying this.

1. fill a 1 gal pot with good dry soil, something that drains quickly.
2. make a hole in dry soil same size as solo cup.
3. place one hand over top of solo cup with plant stem cradled between 2 fingers.
4. slowly turn cup over until soil ball slides into hand and cup is upside down over soil ball.
5. in smooth motion starting as close to hole as you can get, remove cup, support soil ball with free hand, rotate soil ball/plant so it falls into hole.

There's a good chance the soil ball will fall apart as you do this. Focus on keeping the roots intact and let loose soil fall off. Leave the soil that falls on side and just plant the root ball. The less soggy soil that goes with roots the better, but if you try to remove soil you'll probably damage roots. So try to keep soil ball intact but don't worry if some falls away.

It isn't how many times you watered it, but how much you watered it that matters. Most everyone kills a plant or two by over watering when they start out so you certainly aren't alone and as long as you learn from it, everythings good.

I can tell you how I would do it, but ya gotta understand there probably isn't a right or wrong way... just be as gentle as you can.
First of all, do you have good soil that is meant to grow cannabis before you start? If not, you need it.

I would gently squeeze the sides of the cup to loosen the soil from the edges and then turn it on it's side and try to slide it out. If the clone had good roots to begin with they should hold a root ball together. You want to get rid of as much of the wet soil as possible and do the least amount of damage to the roots as possible..... that will be your challenge. :cheesygrinsmiley:Put enough new soil in the cup (you can use the same one if it has holes in the bottom) so that the top of the roots will be about an inch under the top rim of the cup, and lightly shake new soil around the edges until it is built up to just under the top. Pick the nearly full cup up and gently tap it on the counter top to settle the soil and roots. Ordinarily you would add pH'd water to blend the old and new soil together but at this stage I'd skip the water and give it a chance to dry out. Hopefully the next time it begins to wilt it will be because it needs water. In a solo cup go easy, maybe 2 shot glasses full around the edges till she starts showing you she wants to live.

Once you get it out and see what you're dealing with just go with your instincts. Good luck and and try not to expose the roots to air any longer than necessary.. let us know how it goes.:thumb:

Edited to add:
KingstonRabbi has a good post too. Roll up your sleeves and have at it, once you go through this extra work.... I doubt you'll over water again:rofl:

It isn't how many times you watered it, but how much you watered it that matters. Most everyone kills a plant or two by over watering when they start out so you certainly aren't alone and as long as you learn from it, everythings good.

I can tell you how I would do it, but ya gotta understand there probably isn't a right or wrong way... just be as gentle as you can.
First of all, do you have good soil that is meant to grow cannabis before you start? If not, you need it.

I would gently squeeze the sides of the cup to loosen the soil from the edges and then turn it on it's side and try to slide it out. If the clone had good roots to begin with they should hold a root ball together. You want to get rid of as much of the wet soil as possible and do the least amount of damage to the roots as possible..... that will be your challenge. :cheesygrinsmiley:Put enough new soil in the cup (you can use the same one if it has holes in the bottom) so that the top of the roots will be about an inch under the top rim of the cup, and lightly shake new soil around the edges until it is built up to just under the top. Pick the nearly full cup up and gently tap it on the counter top to settle the soil and roots. Ordinarily you would add pH'd water to blend the old and new soil together but at this stage I'd skip the water and give it a chance to dry out. Hopefully the next time it begins to wilt it will be because it needs water. In a solo cup go easy, maybe 2 shot glasses full around the edges till she starts showing you she wants to live.

Once you get it out and see what you're dealing with just go with your instincts. Good luck and and try not to expose the roots to air any longer than necessary.. let us know how it goes.:thumb:

Edited to add:
KingstonRabbi has a good post too. Roll up your sleeves and have at it, once you go through this extra work.... I doubt you'll over water again:rofl:
Aye awesome! You really helped me out here now I understand what you mean and I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with Michigan made M3 Mix but as far as the clone I have no idea what they put in it

That clone is on the verge of death. I can tell you it has no roots, if it did, they're dead now. You've got two options.
1) Throw it away.
2) Remove the clone from the cup with the dirt, put the clone and soil in a cup of water and let the soil break apart. Examine what is left of your plant, if the stem that was in the dirt, if it turned to mush, you have to remove that part. You still have a lot of stem to play with, so you might still be okay, after you trim the mush, get a new solo cup ready with dirt that is wet (not dripping) then put the cutting in fresh dirt you prepared. (Maybe create a little humidity dome). Also put it under some high powered lights, it'll help recover faster.

Aye awesome! You really helped me out here now I understand what you mean and I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with Michigan made M3 Mix but as far as the clone I have no idea what they put in it

FFOF is what I use with 3:1 Perlite.

That clone is on the verge of death. I can tell you it has no roots, if it did, they're dead now. You've got two options.
1) Throw it away.
2) Remove the clone from the cup with the dirt, put the clone and soil in a cup of water and let the soil break apart. Examine what is left of your plant, if the stem that was in the dirt, if it turned to mush, you have to remove that part. You still have a lot of stem to play with, so you might still be okay, after you trim the mush, get a new solo cup ready with dirt that is wet (not dripping) then put the cutting in fresh dirt you prepared. (Maybe create a little humidity dome). Also put it under some high powered lights, it'll help recover faster.
Awesome man thanks for the help

I didnt touch it yet I wanted to wait til the soil was mostly dry cuz idk precisely how to transplant it out with out damaging the plant

The longer you wait, the more damage you will do. Follow my instructions and you'll be good.

1) fill up a bowl with warm water.
2) fill a new solo cup with soil, leave a nice void in the middle.
3)grab the solo cup your clone is in, gently press the sides where the soil is (loosen it from the side of the cup)
4)hold the cup with one hand and with the other, put the stem between your index and middle finger.
5)flip the cup upside down and the plant with the soil should come out.
6) while it's still upside down, put the solo cup down, now with your free hand, put it on the base of the dirt and slowly put it in your bowl of water.
7)gently swish the water and the soil will break apart.
8)examine roots to see if you have any or if it's just stem
9)replant in new solo cup with moist soil
10)DO NOT WATER FOR AT LEAST A WEEK.
11)smoke a joint

Hell yea man! Ok I'm now home I'm starting the process now I'll keep posted on yea what do I do if it's just stem left?

Back
Top Bottom