Drug Raid Chopper Makes A School Stopover

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Australia- A parent from Barkers Vale Public School has criticised police for landing their helicopter on an oval opposite the school during a cannabis operation.

The man, who didn’t wish to be named, said some of the kids were “terrified”.
“My kids couldn’t understand why the police had guns,” he said. “I understand why they need to do the raids but I think it is so unnecessary to take a pile of marijuana to a local primary school. Primary school children don’t need to be exposed to that sort of thing.”

He said as well as the helicopter, a police truck full of marijuana arrived on the oval with what looked like armed army personnel.

The police State Crime Command Unit and the NSW Department of Education have both confirmed that the helicopter was invited to land at the request of the school principal.

The helicopter was flying low in nearby areas which was distracting the students who were running over to the windows to see what was going on. The school then contacted police and it was arranged for the helicopter to land so students could have a closer look.

“The principal then took the students to the helicopter and they were allowed to meet with the crew, sit in the aircraft and see how the helicopter operated,” Drug Squad Commander Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said.

Police explained that they were undertaking an anti-drug operation. Seized plants were visible but not actively shown to the students according to a Department of Education spokesperson.

During the five-day operation, which began on February 2, police searched areas in and around Nimbin, Lillian Rock, The Channon, Lismore, Blue Knob, Tabulam, Drake, Duck Creek, Pretty Gully, Tooloom, Yabra, and Urbenville. They have arrested seven people who will face court on charges relating to cultivating a prohibited drug.

Police seized 1790 plants during the operation, which have an estimated street value of $3.5 million.

Police said the cannabis eradication program will continue during the coming weeks.

EGN-raids_2.JPG

EGN-raids_1.JPG

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Echo News
Copyright: 2009 Echo News

My kids couldn’t understand why the police had guns,” he said. “I understand why they need to do the raids but I think it is so unnecessary to take a pile of marijuana to a local primary school. Primary school children don’t need to be exposed to that sort of thing.”
That was an intentional act by all to make sure the children would remember this for life. They understood exactly how the children would react. Shame on them for doing this.
Acts of stupidity should not be taken as an act of Education.

That was an intentional act by all to make sure the children would remember this for life. They understood exactly how the children would react. Shame on them for doing this.
Acts of stupidity should not be taken as an act of Education.

you are right on man. yet most parents let this stand.

Police said the cannabis eradication program will continue during the coming weeks.

Well so much for Obama "The magic negro" saying no more raids on peoples homes. Im really tired of the pigs thinking there doing a good job, by eradicating weed. I hope karma comes and gets there ass.

pretty sure the article is talking about Southern Australia. I don't know of a Nimbin in the US.

Well so much for Obama saying no more raids on peoples homes. Im really tired of the pigs thinking there doing a good job, by eradicating weed. I hope karma comes and gets there ass.

I am as pissed as anyone with Obama. The Doc's right. This is from Australia. The last time I checked, a US president has no jurisdiction in the southern continent.

Well, Mr. Bear,
they have censored both of our comments. Not sure why? I disagreed with what you said but I still would defend your right to your own opinion no matter what it is. As long as we can continue to discuss the issue.

Well, Mr. Bear,
they have censored both of our comments. Not sure why?.....

i did the edit. i understood the quote i edited (magic reference) and where it came from but some might not. when i edited that post it made the responses sound sorta weird. just trying to head off any negativity. i think the points being made are still intact. editing posts is always an unpleasant thing for me to do.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom