Drug test drama

StonedinBC

420 Member
Here's the story.

I am a daily user, probably 1-2 grams.

Had to take a pre-employment, had 2 weeks to get clean for it. This is what I did.

Stop smoking.

10g activated charcoal every morning on an empty stomach with 500ml water. (arrests enterohepatic recirculation of THC-COOH) also causes constipation...used a mix of exlax somedays, fiber every day, and prune juice somedays to keep things moving. Prune juice works but body builds a tolerance to it after a few days.

St John's Wort (with hyperforin) all the time (for several months before now) because it is supposed to help eliminate THC faster by inducing liver enzymes. The metabolites produced from these enzymes are not water soluble thus dont go out through urine.

Starting 3 days prior to test, 450mg milk thistle 3 times a day (supposed to suppress enzymes responsible for water soluble metabolites thus lower urine concentration), and daily water flushing.

It has been cold and rainy here, and Im pretty bummed out, so, no exercise during two weeks. Im average build.

LOTS of home drug test strips. Vericheck brand (50ng/ml). They started to show negative when I started the water flushes.

On day of test...

Got up early and started drinking water. Body seemed sick of that by now and wouldn't piss right, water just built up in my stomach it felt like. Took herbal diuretics (Jamieson brand), seemed to help. These are probably a good idea in any case.

4 hours before test...started drinking grapefruit juice (500ml/half hour, supposed to further suppress enzymes responsible for water soluble THC metabolites)

Starting 3 hours before test, began adding 2 grams creatine ethyl ester HCL, and electrolyte tabs to the grapefruit juice.

More herbal diuretics.

2 hours prior to test, 200mg B2. Urine ended up a funny shade of yellow, but they accepted it.

Immediately prior to giving sample, tested myself with Vericheck strips again, and DrugExam 15ng/ml strips. Passed.

Immediately after giving sample, checked again the same way. Passed.

I also have Vericheck brand adulteration test strips which measure specific gravity and creatinine. Passed.

So it would seem Im in the clear, but I don't know the accuracy of these home test strips. I see reports of people passing them but failing the actual test.

The test was two days ago and I am still awaiting the results (Lab). This shit is nerve racking as hell. Anyone whose been there knows exactly what I mean.

Ill post back once I get the results. I hope I pass and if so, I hope this post can calm your worried mind as you frantically scour the net trying to figure out what to do.

Prior to this, I was trying to assess the THC metabolite levels in my urine by using the 50ng/ml strips and directly diluting my urine with tap water until it tested clean. I found it took about a 20/1 dilution to pass, so, I was pissing near 1000ng/ml.

Still no results from the lab. This shit is extremely distressing. Last time I got results in 48 hours. This time the collection was done on a friday, so Im hoping the weekend has something to do with it, but there is no indication of that on the testing company's webpage.

The last test I took I did the identical to what I wrote above, and passed.

Of course my mind is churning reading all these reports of people who passed their home dip stick tests only to fail at the lab.

Anybody got anything to say?

Good thing they didn’t do a hair follicle test after all that.

They don't do that here. There was a major incident with it a few years ago and I think it kind of cooled things off there for the hair testing enthusiasts.

Even in America, SAMHSA has so far been unwilling to make it mandatory for DOT or whatever they regulate, despite industry pressure. Too prone to outside contamination, and, dark hair retains metabolites more than light hair, so it's a racist nightmare. I understand that employers there are allowed to do it and some of them do

There are still a few privacy protections left in this country. For example, random testing for workers was disallowed by the supreme court. This pre employment thing almost got banned too. It is banned in Ontario.

I can only hope that with legalization, the THC testing will go away eventually. The rules I must comply with allow me to be half drunk (BAC 0.04) at work, but if I had pot two weeks ago, Im an undesirable. Fucking insane.

Did you know that the Olympics raised their THC limits by ten times? To 150 ng/ml. That's at least 3 times the worker limit, and if it's referring to metabolite specific THC-COOH like they test for in GS/MS confirmation, it's ten times.

If only industrial workers could be held to the same standard as Olympians...

OK. I got a call this morning informing me that I passed and can get on this jobsite.

If I can do it, you can too. I read things here and there about people failing after 35 days or more. I just passed it in 14 and I qualify as a heavy user. And I didn't even exercise.

Still made me a nervous wreck though. Yesterday was bad, waiting for the call that never came. I was scared it didn't work, even though all my strips showed it did.

Substituting seems like such a good way to go, until I really start to think about it. Im always worried they'll be able to tell at the lab. And that would be worse than failing. Speaking of which, I do have some quick fix 6.2 and my adulteration dip tests show that it has nitrites in it. A lowish amount, but piss should have none.

Anyways, shout out to you if you're reading this years from now, trying to figure out how to pass your drug test.

And a big 'FUCK YOU' to the drug testing industry. Every last one of you motherfuckers can go straight to hell, and Im sure you will.

Still can't understand how they can get away with finding deactivated metabolites in someone's piss and then pretending a sober person is too stoned to work, and a 'danger', and all that.

Back
Top Bottom