Drugs Inc. on NATGEO

RooRman

Anyone else catch this mini-series on National Geographic channel last night?

I felt the cannabis episode, particularly the first half, was interesting and very well put together. In addition, the episode was much more positive in contrast to the other two episodes featuring other drugs.

The other episodes seemed to focus more on the destructive aspects of addiction and the violence associated with drug trafficing. The cannabis episode focused more on the medicinal value of the plant and the aspects of a commercial industry where legal (or at least partially decriminalized).

In summation I feel the other episodes expressed a certain attitude, featuring people who basically wanted to die. Whereas the cannabis one was about people who wanted to live. :peace:

Man, I thought all day about starting the same thread, and posting the same opinion.
The writers and producers of the show really made sure the public did not see Cannabis as a hard drug, or like the other destructive hard drugs were shown.
AND, did you notice how they made the Tenn pigs look rediculous and overly zealous and harsh and just plain MEAN and RUDE busting that poor family for selling quarter ounces of pot? Busted in on that poor family with automatic weapons like they were busting Drug Lords with tons of pot!
I applaud how they presented POT as Medicine to many and not harmful at all. It was a great informative and educational show.

I've got it on the tivo but I have'nt checked it out yet.
Nat Geo has another documentary about the herb with Lisa Ling reporting. I cant remember the name of it though. Another doc called Marijuana Inc. comes on CNBC quite often. Both are very interesting. Especially the stuff in Marijuana Inc about Oaksterdam. Makes the place look like a money grab more than anything.
Cant wait to see this new one though. Gonna check out Dispicable Me this afternoon then come home and watch the show.
The one about pot as well as the rest of the mini series is going to be replaying alot over the next week or so.

:rollit:

I actually JUST finished watching it. I myself did like it, however they did seem to stay impartial about the subject while also showing to the public it is NOT bad...other than the crimes it brings by being illegal (which was contrasted to it being legal in Holland and having 85% less drug ODs as the USA...go figure.)

Too cheap to get natgeo... :(

its on megavideo

I finally got a chance to check it out. It's almost a growers guide which I thought was funny.:)

One thing i do know is the The Cleveland Tenn. Police Dept should be ashamed of themselves. To waste that much money and man power ramping up to bust a guy selling dime bags of shwagg is pathetic. When they showed his "books" the biggest number was only $240! Nice kingpin y'all got there piggys. Judging by the quadplex with all the people living in it w/ no cars out front you really got big boy there did'nt you?
Good luck Tennessee! Glad to see you really know how to use tax dollars!
At least now i know that's one shithole state I'll never set foot in.

I saw it at a friends last night,, he had it on tivo. it was a great show, very informative,, oh, and that vaporizer that the girl had,, with the bag,,,, man I GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE :hookah: is there an emoticon for vaporizer? :hmmmm:

the volcano vaporizer? they are expensive!! but very nice indeed

oh yeah,, I was drooling,, (the chick wasn't bad either :)) I stopped listening during that segment,, I could not tell one word of that part of the show,, just kept wiping drool away, with a big sh*t eating grin :)

Back
Top Bottom