Drying my Plant

JeffGreen87

At the end of flowering I had to hurry and only got to flush it with clean water for 3days then I cut her down as low as possible and hung her upside down with main stem n all I didn't cut anything. And room temp is avg 70 n Rh70 n no fan but window open slightly for fresh air n little flow. It is dark is the room and it's been in there for about 6days and the branch's arnt getting to stuff yet.. there still limble like soft. N the other plants i cut down and cut into pieces to hung up have been in a dark closet cracked for.about 2weeks. N there about 75%hard but the buds are crunchy on the outside and soft in the center still... When should I cut down the big one and trip it n jar it? And when should I second trim the cut ones n jar em?
Please and thank you.

Bud Washing first, some growers do & some don't (you're past that part...move on...maybe next time..read up)

When the branches have a nice clean snap to them. I cut branches off and hang on coat hangers to dry, they will dry in 7-10 days in a 68f, 60%RH closet/room with a little fan blowing in the closet/room not directly on branches.

Trim the buds up after they have dried, and take the trim and make edibles, bubble hash etc...put bud trim in zip lock freezer bag and in freezer until ready for edibles/bubble hash.

Once dried & trimmed, put trimmed buds in jars with hygrometers and burp them 3 times a day for 15 minutes until they hold a constant 65%RH. Once they hold a constant 65% you can stop burping the jars and place Boveda 62%RH packs in the jars and seal them, place them them in a dark, cool place and let them cure for 2 weeks or so, I usually cure for a month before I touch them, the longer the cure the better the taste, potency, and smoothness.

So your saying the one hanging need trimmed n Jared now. And the big full plant needs.to keep.hanging.till gets a a little brittle then cut.into pieces n hang.

I don't hang full plants, I cut branches off and hang them on coat hangers.

If the branches on the full hanging plant have a snap to them, it's time to trim up and jar. When you put them in jars and the RH goes up, you will need to burp jars longer than 15 minutes (more like a few hours) so mold/mildew doesn't show up because buds are still too wet, that's only if the RH goes up when put in jars. If the RH stays close or slowly goes down, then you can burp them 3 times a day for 15 minutes.

Even if you over dry a little , the Boveda 62% packs will help rehydrate the bud.

When the hanging plant has branches that snap, Yes, trim it up and jar the buds and follow burping instructions, hope that helps. :peace:

What do you do if the bud is drying faster then the stem? My bud is getting crispy bud center still very soft and branch's still bending n not snapping. Do I just keep waiting till branch's snap or just out them in jar once they are popcorn type dry? N forget about the stem? I've done a lot of research n there isn't much when it comes to.drying n curing

I don't do the whole plant upside down thing preferring to hang individual bud stems upside down & trimmed.

The slow air dry thing may take 7 to 14 days average depending on humidity & temp !

Normally i wait in till stem cracks but not does fully break some where between from the cut of the stem 25% to 50% of stem length.

Before curing and burping jars twice daily for 15 to 20 mins for the next 2 weeks.

Mmm had some bud rot before in the slow air dry mainly down to RH issues !

Currently slightly more technical on the approach these days...

Preferring the first few days with a dehumidifier with an average RH value of 40% to 50% & then the remaining period of the slow air dry ideally around 60% RH.

Back
Top Bottom