Dutchiedog's 1st Ever Hydro Grow: White Widow

Ok, I think I knew it was coming to this for a while.
I defoliated.
No, no. Not my skin. I'm an Ivory boy for life.
Nah, just about every fan leaf is gone, s'matter of fact any leaf that was blocking light to a bud node... gone.

Before
20200209_135606.jpg

After:
20200209_172412.jpg

I left the fans at the edges for their giant solar collector goodness isn't blocking anything.
And I found my fabric tape.
Hour and a half until they're up, I'll try to get an after-after pic up

Got some of my trusty Northern Light seeds in the bath, Baby Jack is languishing poolside, vegging nicely under the wife's grow-garden lamp in a yummy mulch mix and tomorrow I pick-up three of my Fostered Jacks.
It'll be nice to have the whole family together again.

What a feckin' week, and it's just Thursday.
Life really gets in the way of my living.
La vie...
Anyway, the boring grow progresses.
The defoliation has more than been recovered from and as I have a habit of throwing things away on chance I'm plucking as well.
The Cash Crop 6.0 x 3' is great. It's about as close to throw a seed at it and come back 12 weeks later as you're going to get. But there are issues.
1) Two large plants? Not without losing tonnes of light, side-lights are very good but the "between" of the two plants is a dark zone without pruning constantly.
One medium size plant would do better.
2) Changing out the water is a hassle and potentially a disaster if the roots, and there's a schlitz load of 'em, get caught up.
3) Aerator gets buried in roots.
4) Needs better aerator to keep solution in mix, however the problem is the roots take up so much room they block the circulation effect. To ramp the bubbler up would risk tidal waves on one side of the bucket, causing spillage. Upping the bucket size means a redesign of the box and likely wouldn't cure the problem. Roots being roots they do seem to bully themselves into any available space.
I wonder, also, if Auto's wouldn't be a better go to. The grow schedules match and Auto's are notoriously compact... note to self.
I will try a single grow, as per instructions, next. Gauge how that goes and then try "fulling aboot" with the thing.

Meanwhile back in the box:
February 13, 2020
20200213_152507[1].jpg

The Defoliation:
Feb 11, 2020 day of:
20200211_193046 (2).jpg

Feb 12, 2020
The Morning After:
Screenshot_2020-02-12-14-26-15[1].png

Feb. 13, 2020
I can already see a need for more! :
Screenshot_2020-02-13-15-37-27[1].png