Dwc?

What you are talking about doing is called Aquaponics. Its definitely a cool system when it works well. Talapia fish are a very common fish used in this type of gardening.

TBH though as far as I know nobody has ever done scientific testing on aquaponics and cannabis to see if any fish can create the perfect ratios with their poop. I always wanted to try it myself. You would need two tanks though one for veg and one for flower. Which would require different types of fish in each.

But generally fish poop is mostly nitrogen. So for veg it would be good. However one tiny fish might not be enough poop for your plant.

lol 1 tiny fish .. i guy you dont know convict fish and there fry... i was thinking more like 50- 75- shit 100 i got bout 135 baby convict fish,, and the last batch was about a month ago . do for another 50 or 100 more soon i bet.. yet i got these fucking thng coming out my ears,,, i had 15 or 16 of them in a jar over night when about less then 1/4 inch close to a 1/8 of a inch,, after 15 hours of being in this 10'' round jar the bottom was a layer of shit.. theres a good bit of waste more then i would have thought too

there are people doing it with weed too i see it but none with the fish in the tank and not a lot ... i ony thoough of it becuase i have nothing to do with all these fish and i am out of fish tanks.. figure ill just drop them in there maybe a feeder stone or a auto feeder i dont know what the food would break down too,,, but let them go if they die they die if they grow big then i can kill them put them in soi idk sell them maybe if there 3-5 inch i could get a lot more i would think .. why not when i get the money for the rockwood clay things and net pots ill try it out.. i got everthing but the pots rockwood and medum.. oh and nutes

not that ive come accross when to the wal mart home depot lowes ace local agway. sears, the plant stores where you get flowers .. i got one place left to try but i have always know them to be way over priced.. but the water garden store they deal in water ponds and flowers.. just a long way away

one day i will have everything i need,, one day maybe ill also have money lol time wil tell

Maybe its just because I am in Cali but there is a hydro store in every city here. Even small cities have hydroponic stores or a couple even.

hey you know what i never though of that and it worked found a store 15 mins up the road,,, i never would have guessed it.. ive drove by it 100 times ... dudud head i am sweet hit it up tomorrow
thanks again jimmy helper outer of the year in my book

No prob, google is a great invention :).

And to all those stupid Bing commercials, I bet $20 that if you typed that in bing you wouldnt get shit for a hydro store nearby. Probably get something totally unrelated.

well it was bing,, i do a lot of image searches and for me bing workes better then google.. google used to be the shit but not so much anmore for pitcures any way.. i can do the clip art and pick colours with bing and not with google anymore used to be able to do it with google

what should i look for,,, names numbers ect.. i was told many many moons ago to use 19-19-19 triple 19 they called it kinda dont wanna tell them i nedd this for this i would rather ave a little idea so i can tell them i need this for this

for the cheapest the GH floraduo is gonna probably be what you want. Or earthjuice.

just go in and ask what his cheapest decent nutes are. If you simply mention terms like veg and bloom they will know its probably for weed and direct you accordingly.

Ok I will try to give you a crash course in those 3 numbers, and what you want them to be in correlation with eachother.

So the first number is Nitrogen, the 2nd number is Phosphorous and the 3rd number is Potassium. In the garden world people call those numbers the NPK ratios.

So if a fert has 19 19 19 that means it has a even amount of all three nutrients. This is HORRIBLE for weed in any stage. Im not saying it wont grow, but it is not going to grow anywhere near optimally.

In veg for weed you want a high N content a fairly low P content and a medium K content. So something like 10-2-6 or 5-2-3 would both be acceptable.

Keep in mind too that the actual numbers dont matter, its how the numbers compare to eachother. for instance 50-25-100 is the exact same as 10-5-20, the numbers are just percentages and what really matters is their ratios when compared to eachother.

So ad I said before in veg you want high N low to medium P then a medium to high K. In flower however your ratios totally switch it up. in Flower you want a low, even next to no N, then a high P and a medium to high K. So a decent weed flower ratio could look like 2-10-10 or 1-15-12 maybe 3-9-10 something like that.

Hope this was clear enough.

fucken perfict.. see this is how i learn .. and i just learned a lot,,
so i fucked up and bout 10-15-10,, if it was 2-15-10 it would be good for my flowering right now,, sweet ,, so when i get to this store tomorrow got 40 bucks .. i going to want to get a nute for my plants nw in flower want something with a low to nothing first number a high middle number and a high but lower then middle last number..

now as for in a DWC would the nutes be the same way like the same for both soil and water? what you told me above

2-15-10 is a very good flowering ratio. Certain strains will prefer a bit more K over P in flower, others want a lil more P then K.

If you find it seems to want a little more K in flower when using a 2-15-10 then just add a tiny bit of molasses.

for veg though remember you want high nitrogen.

fish fert stinks but its excellent stuff and very cheap. Its 5-1-1 and when combined with a little molasses it can be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom