Early defoliation in flower? Thoughts please

celticlyle

Hey guys and girls hope everyone is doing well :ganjamon:.
I have a tent of some beautiful "Runtz Muffin" girls from growers choice an indica dom hybrid in my flower tent in a SCROG. As per the title I actually Lolli-popped them a week before flower and now I am currently sitting at the start of flower as my pistils have started to form all all-over however I did the 12/12 flip 6 days ago.
I have since been getting a lot of new growth since then and I was hoping I could snip off some of the lower branches that have formed (under the canopy) since and also some new bud sites that are forming so that the canopy can have all the power and food! I know I can do a big defoliation on day 21 of flower.. but what about now? I have been taking off a few larger fan leaves that are blocking to much of the canopy but the canopy is still a bit too lush you could say :rollit:
like I said I am 6 days after the flip but I am only starting to count flower as of yesterday as the pistil formation has really started now. Peace and love 420:yummy: My humidity is floating around the 60% RH so I could also do with some defoliation for some breathing space to reduce the RH slightly... BUT 1st priority is the health and production of my wee girls :yummy:

I have a tent of some beautiful "Runtz Muffin" girls from growers choice an indica dom hybrid in my flower tent in a SCROG. As per the title I actually Lolli-popped them a week before flower and now I am currently sitting at the start of flower as my pistils have started to form all all-over however I did the 12/12 flip 6 days ago.
I have since been getting a lot of new growth since then and I was hoping I could snip off some of the lower branches that have formed (under the canopy) since and also some new bud sites that are forming so that the canopy can have all the power and food! I know I can do a big defoliation on day 21 of flower.. but what about now? I have been taking off a few larger fan leaves that are blocking to much of the canopy but the canopy is still a bit too lush you could say :rollit:
like I said I am 6 days after the flip but I am only starting to count flower as of yesterday as the pistil formation has really started now. Peace and love 420:yummy: My humidity is floating around the 60% RH so I could also do with some defoliation for some breathing space to reduce the RH slightly... BUT 1st priority is the health and production of my wee girls :yummy:
How are you doing Celticle. I defoliate prior to flower ,mostly crap on lower branches. Then again at about 2 week mark. After that I don’t touch anything.
I find if you keep plucking at them they don't like it and respond accordingly.
I try and let them be as much as possible. And they reward me.
Hope that helps a little, happy growing friend. :thumb:

How are you doing Celticle. I defoliate prior to flower ,mostly crap on lower branches. Then again at about 2 week mark. After that I don’t touch anything.
I find if you keep plucking at them they don't like it and respond accordingly.
I try and let them be as much as possible. And they reward me.
Hope that helps a little, happy growing friend. :thumb:
That's some good info bud! I will leave them alone till week 2 or 3 whenever it is that you are meant to do the last big defoliation, But I am guessing its probably down to a preference thing? Do you do the 2 week and defoliate thing after 2 weeks of 12/12 or 2 weeks after you see clear pistil formations? Thanks for the reply pal, have a good evening /day :bongrip:

That's some good info bud! I will leave them alone till week 2 or 3 whenever it is that you are meant to do the last big defoliation, But I am guessing its probably down to a preference thing? Do you do the 2 week and defoliate thing after 2 weeks of 12/12 or 2 weeks after you see clear pistil formations? Thanks for the reply pal, have a good evening /day :bongrip:
Sorry for late reply life gets in way sometimes.
From the day you turn your lights off for 24 hrs prior to flip ill call the next day day 1 for ease. If you remove any leaf matter or branches after day 14 your are wasting energy from that girl. So before I put them into the flower room I clean out crap on bottom I know ist going to ever get light. At day 12-13 ill do a final Lolli-popping and then try not to touch anything if possible after that . Now thats a guideline you can adapt to suit how you want to grow. Ill help as best I can.

I was just thinking Google Genie runs a scrog his work is stellar. Would be good read for you and a smart person that can also help.

Back
Top Bottom