EC and PPM

CaidenHenson

420 Member
So basically I've been experimenting with a DWC system for growing cannabis. This is my first grow this way, and I'm really just trying to learn the majority of it this go around, for my next go around to be much better. But I've been looking into different things as far as nutrients and such within the water of the hydro pod, so in this thread I'll have a multitude of questions, please answer any that you may have knowledge on.

Currently I have been using some liquid "CaliGrow" a two part solutions for nutrients. This has seemed to do well but the only issue I'm finding is when following the chart, as far as how much to add. For example, I am in the early vegetative stage, on the back of the bottle is calls for 4mg of each part, per gallon. I'm holding about 4 gallons in my hydropod so I add 16mg of each solution. But when I measure the nutrient level as far as "PPM" I only get about 200 and from my research (on google) I've found that this needs to be closer to 400-500 PPM. So with that, should I be following the guide on the solutions or should I be more than doubling it to get to where Google says I should be?

Second question,
I recently noticed an outbreak of Spider Mites (I'm still in very early vegetative stage) I got this plant as a clone from my local dispo, and let them know that I've found these mites. But anyways, I started using "Crop Defender 3" as of yesterday, I soaked the plant and today, with my microscope, I was not able to find any live bugs, I hope this has worked but has anyone else had experience with this product? I used it over other as it has great review, experience and not damaging the end product, as it's organic.?.?. So far so good but again, it's only been a day. I cut most of the leaves that were affected to easily notice if the issue comes back but that leads me to my next question.

Third Question,
As far as growing all together, I'm pretty new to it. My grandpa never smoked a day in his life but he grew some of the best bud I've ever seen or experienced. I wish I could've learned more before he past, but that doesn't mean I won't learn like he had to.
What is the best way to groom a weed plant? So far I've been getting rid of the bigger fan leaves in hopes to focus the plants energy on growing the entirety of the plant. This so far has seemed to do well but definitely keeps the plant looking pretty "bald" I'm not to sure if this is actually healthy for the plant so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly,
I have been in the HVAC industry for a long time, to the point were I now own a pretty successful business. I have put my skills to test here and have designed my own "grow tent" to achieve the perfect atmosphere for growing a weed plant, in hopes to achieve the perfect environment, considering the hydroponic system within a grow temp with a stable atmosphere. I have done a bunch of research on the internet as far as, "what is the best temperature?" "What is the best humidity level?" "Should I keep the airflow in the entire tent current of should I have it directly pointed at the plant?" "Do I need absolutely darkness within the hydropod itself?" "What level of water do I need in the hydropod? Right at the bottom of the Rockwood? Or at the bottom of the volcanic balls?" I've found many answers for these questions but I've also found many answers that contradict the others. So please share your knowledge on these.

For all of these questions I'm needing to know what the difference would be during the different stages; early veg, late veg, flowering.
I really do appreciate anyone that has taken the time to read through my novel hear as I just haven't found the right answers anywhere else, I even more appreciate those who can give some insight.

So with that, should I be following the guide on the solutions or should I be more than doubling it to get to where Google says I should be?
Id just mix it to 400-500 ppm.
Test it with your meter
I recently noticed an outbreak of Spider Mites (I'm still in very early vegetative stage)
Do a repeat spray to kill the next wave ,I haven't used that particular product but you will want to kill the next wave of baby mites
What is the best way to groom a weed plant? So far I've been getting rid of the bigger fan leaves in hopes to focus the plants energy on growing the entirety of the plant.
I personally refrain from chopping leaves off ,the plant has put so much energy and time into making them they are little energy banks
"what is the best temperature?" "What is the best humidity level?" "Should I keep the airflow in the entire tent current of should I have it directly pointed at the plant?
I like 25°c during veg and flower.
And 60 RH in veg and lower around 45-50 RH
and I have fans moving air all the time
"What level of water do I need in the hydropod? Right at the bottom of the Rockwood? Or at the bottom of the volcanic balls?"
I don't run DWC but I do run a similar system , I flood and drain 20ltr buckets controlled via a bell syphon pump runs continuously.
I have water hit the bottom of my rockwool .
You can see my set-up in my signature the Canuk grow if you are interested.
Hope that helps a little

Back
Top Bottom