Eco -Blaze LED Lux meter readings w/pics

The Builder

Hey everyone,

Here are the pictures I promised, of the ECO-BLAZE LED grow light above a digital light/LUX meter. To clarify things, the the light is set to a distance of 14" above the meter. The meter reads:

608 LUX x 100 = 60,800 LUX

Also, I wanted to apologies for the mis-statement I made in an earlier post of " 49,000 LUX @ 14" from the canopy". Obviously I was wrong, to my benifit. I was serious when I said these lights are the most powerful LED grow lights in the USA. If anyone has any questions, please fell free to post them.

DSC023291.JPG
DSC023201.JPG
DSC023182.JPG
DSC023152.JPG

DSC023172.JPG

Oh I love scientific testing. Thanks for showing the meter and I like the close shot that shows how the LEDs are placed in the array like each element has its own reflector.

Hey everyone,

I just completed another round of LUX meter reading with a competitors 300 watt light. I will not mention the name of the company because it
would be an unethical business practice and because it would be an insult to them, there light and the company itself. I can go round for round with any competitors lights and my lights will be more powerful with the most complete spectrum available.

Now everyone will see my lights to be the most powerful lights in the USA. The comparison between my lights and this brand of light is no contest and this light is sold for close to $1,000.00. My lights are 2.5x as powerful at the same wattage for less than $1,000.00. Which would you choose? Well, thats a no brainer.
Here are the pictures:
DSC023303.JPG
DSC023372.JPG
DSC023322.JPG

DSC023333.JPG

DSC023392.JPG

Impressive! Do you happen to have a wall meter to show the actual wattage consumed (like a kill-a-watt meter) for each LED array? I love to see the actual numbers. That should demonstrate the LUX per watt ratio very nicely.

Munki,

Thats exactly what I use; "kill-a-watt" meter. I would be glad to post those pics as well. Thanks for all of your interest.

i hate that you guys post so much info on your line of LEDs in these forums...because I want one, believe me I do, they are just so pricey that I have to wait a harvest or two to have the money to get one. You should lower your prices, get your units out there, then charge current price.

LighTer,

Trust me, the prices on our website are discounted too much if you ask me. The amount of money I pay for one of these units is way more than those typical/common LED units sold all over the web. I cut the prices, for 420 members, a lot. If I were to sell them for less, I would be taking too much of a hit. The retail price in about two months will go up to where it should be. So, my advice would be to dig deep and get one now while the price is still lower.

Hey Everyone,

Here is another round of testing with pics. Kill-A-Watt meter for LUX per watt comparison. So, I started off with my light and came up with:

ECO-BLAZE 288 watt LED
295 Watts @ 60,000 LUX = 206 LUX per WATT

Then I went to the next brand and this is what I came up with:

Top name brand 300 watt LED
356 watts @ 24,000 LUX = 67 LUX per WATT

This test just proves one more time, not only how much more powerful my LED's are but it also proves how much more efficient my LED's are. My LED's lights are truly ECO-CONSERVATIVE. The proof is in the pudding.

DSC02346.JPG
DSC02347.JPG
DSC023431.JPG

DSC023421.JPG

Your going to raise your price in ~2 months?

Question, your 46w LED prices at just under 200. Doing some quick math, 288w/48w=6

So, 60,000LUX/6=10,000LUX. So, in a perfect world, your 48w unit puts out ~10,000LUX. Now, if this is true, I can take that $200 dollars and look elsewhere, find a 90w UFO but it still wont be 10,000LUX (one exception but i think they lie)

Now, your 48w would be comparable to that ALMOST of a 400w hps system?

LighTer,

One thing when talking of LED grow lights is there are no comparisons to HPS or MH. What I tell people is to wipe away all you have learned about HPS or MH because the two lighting system are so different. My 48 watt unit will only grow one plant and the best way to do that one plant is SOG or SCROG. I prefer SCROG because of the screen at a predetermined height of around 18"-24". Another thing I have to tell you about my lights is, the only difference between all of them is the footprint of growing space. The 48 watt unit measures 12" x 6". The core footprint at 12" above the canopy is 20" x 14". Now, this might be hard to explain but I have to try. When I put my light meter under 48 watts of my LED light, the meter reads about 30,000 LUX and I can't figure out why it would? I am going to have to ask my manufacture. So, with using the 48 watt unit, you still get a lot of power just less footprint which means less plants grown underneath. Like I said, you can only grow 1 plant under the 48 watt unit just because of the footprint.

this footprint, this is due to LED lens angle?

LighTer,

I have to tell you one more thing. I was growing some strawberries, for my family, under (2) 288 watt units and the lights were 4" from the tops of the plants because they were flowering and I've never put the lights that close to anything I grow, including MJ. My lights are so powerful that they cooked the top of my plants and I don't just mean a little. I'm talking, the lights fried the plants, made them crispy and killed them with in a day. Now with that being said, have you ever heard of a LED grow light being so strong and powerful, it killed a plant from exposure. The answer is NO. This is when I knew my lights are the most powerful LED grow lights on the market along with being ECO-CONSERVATIVE. You must keep the lights no less than 8" from the canopy top. Maybe a little closer, but don't over do it.

LighTer,

Yes, the footprint is because of the angled lenes. We use three different angle lenses in our lights.

I wanted to thank you for being a sponsor who is willing to participate in these forums instead of simply writing a check and getting a link on the sponsor's page. This is a trend that I've been noticing and I hope it continues with more sponsors doing it.

I have read that a lux meter is actually measuring light-output as measured by the human eye, so (if that is true) it might not be the best measurement of how plants will like a light - since they use parts of the spectrum that we do not perceive, use certain parts of it more than others, etc. - but I don't know of another readily-available measuring device. And it definitely helps one judge different light setups when their spectrums are identical. So thanks for posting the readings (and also the Kill-o-Watt ones).

I have to tell you one more thing. I was growing some strawberries, for my family, under (2) 288 watt units and the lights were 4" from the tops of the plants because they were flowering and I've never put the lights that close to anything I grow, including MJ. My lights are so powerful that they cooked the top of my plants and I don't just mean a little. I'm talking, the lights fried the plants, made them crispy and killed them with in a day. Now with that being said, have you ever heard of a LED grow light being so strong and powerful, it killed a plant from exposure. The answer is NO. This is when I knew my lights are the most powerful LED grow lights on the market along with being ECO-CONSERVATIVE. You must keep the lights no less than 8" from the canopy top. Maybe a little closer, but don't over do it.

Lights that are bright enough to kill plants tend to do it by bleaching, not crisping. I would think that crisping is generally from heat, or too much radiation from the IR and near-IR spectrum, or possibly, too much UV killing the plants and then the light as a whole crisping what was at that point already a dead plant. Although I could be wrong (I often am, in life, lol).

But I think that cannabis benefits from certain parts of the UV-end of the spectrum more than strawberries - and it definitely tolerates more of the IR-end, lol - so the fact that it's a strawberry-killer is probably a GOOD thing in this context;).

Are you going to do a showcase grow for us with one of your light setups? Or donate/loan one to one of our esteemed members for a long-term review, test-grow, and/or comparison grow?

+REPs.

TorturedSoul, I don't have a lot of time now, because I'm at work. However, who ever told you or where ever you read a light meter only measures human eye response is DEAD WRONG. It measures all measurable light output in the form of LUX. Which is Photons of light. You can ask any manufacturer or look it up yourself. Also, YES we are doing some test grow journals. Probably 3-4 grow journals over the next few weeks. I have to get back to work now. I will be back on tonight to continue this conversation. Thanks for your input.

What I meant was that a lux-meter measures lux (luminance and luminous emittance) and these things are all weighted (by wavelength) to give greater bearing on the wavelengths that are perceived by the human eye as appearing to be greater in intensity when the absolute amount of radiation is the same for each wavelength.

Which is great for most things because we're generally concerned with what looks brighter to us. But this doesn't directly correlate to the spectrum that a plant uses. It's just not an absolute measurement of light-output in the way that a using radiometer would be.

It's also several thousand dollars cheaper, I imagine. Such instruments have a rather limited audience (as far as measuring visible and near-visible light goes) and are pretty much all considered to be "lab-quality."

There's a spectral chart in my Encyclopædia Britannica that shows the curve of how lux meters weight their readings towards the wavelengths that our eyes perceive as being brighter (again, given the same amount of absolute radiation across the board), but I could probably dig up an online version if you'd like.

I was in no way inferring that you were doing anything dishonest in using a lux meter - and I apologize if you took it as such. On the contrary, I appreciate the fact that you're giving us all of the information about your lights that you can.

TorturedSoul,

With one aspect of your statement you are abolutely correct. Yes you are correct I'm not going to drop several thousand dollars on a perfectly accurate light meter.

I was just trying to show how much more light is emitted from my LED's using less wattage. Isn't this the reason for LED lights in the first place. LED's are supposed to be ECO-CONSERVATIVE. The whole reason for the LED revolution was to find a light source, to grow plants more efficiently with cost of power savings. Its that simple.

Back
Top Bottom