Effects from handling buds?

TheKiller

Maybe a silly question, but I have over the years(on and off for 30 years) eaten hash and had some pretty strong effects from that.. now all the experts say that you need heat to activate the THC, no heat no reaction.

So, when I spend 6-8 hours trimming my harvest , (super trim really) and I feel slightly goofy(best way to describe it) is that simply a placebo effect..I would have a tough time agreeing that it is..

What say you all?

I understand the science SS, but how then do you explain eating hashish?

I don't smoke often, did the trimming totally sober... and spent the next 6 hours just plain goofy... I don't understand how that works..?

Back in the day, DMSO( creamed corn taste not withstanding) was used to break the skin barrier for various sundries and stuff ;).. would that work here?

I use mostly edibles..Butter is a God send for me...;)

Lots of people don't believe that THC needs to be heated to be "activated".

People have been eating hash and getting stoned for a long time.

I don't know if DMSO will carry THC through the skin barrier, but it should.

As far as getting high from handling buds, there is a certain amount of surface fats on your skin, but I'm not sure if the THC that mixes with it would travel through the skin layers.

Then there's the workers who sit there all day pressing temple ball hash with their fingers. We should ask them!

I was wondering about "oil to skin" membrane flow myself.But that would not explain why some say that heat must be applied!

I also wonder what the pro's in Afghanistan would have to say about this?

Eating hashish DOES work... but how?

Acids in your stomach reacting?

I have THC infused lotion. It takes approx 20 mins for it to work, but it def does cross my skin barrier, and when it does, it works & very well. BUT, it does not make me feel goofy or cause any strange effects for me.

I don't know for sure of anything needing to be heat activated for it to work. I mean, if that's true, then I would say a lot of advice that I have had about eating concentrate to alleviate pain would be untrue (in an effort to take a break for smoking, I've been advised that just eating a piece of concentrate would do the same trick as smoking it).

IDK what caused your strange effects. Maybe you breathed some trichomes in or something, or just got a lot of them that passed through your skin. Skin is warm.... so are lights, etc. Maybe you were the heating element? Sorry for rambling. :)

Some percentage of the THC in hash and weed is absorbed through digestion even if you eat it straight, but it absorbs much better when you put the THC in solution with a fat, like butter or oil.

In my youth, I remember just chewing up and swallowing a few joints worth of weed once to see what would happen.

I got high, but got a stomachache too.

Some percentage of the THC in hash and weed is absorbed through digestion even if you eat it straight, but it absorbs much better when you put the THC in solution with a fat, like butter or oil.

In my youth, I remember just chewing up and swallowing a few joints worth of weed once to see what would happen.

I got high, but got a stomachache too.

That makes sense... like a carrier. The lotion is an oil, butter, etc.

OK, looked around on the cooking forum, and found this from 2007

So, do you have to heat marijuana before you eat it?

I am thinking I will try Cannavodka today? I do love my vodka, maybe I will love it even more?
Not going to use the Grey goose, probably a half gallon of Sky?

Back
Top Bottom