Can you get stoned from trimming weed?

Can you get stoned from trimming with bare hands?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All cannabinoids contained within the trichomes of raw cannabis flowers have an extra carboxyl ring or group (COOH) attached to their chain. For example, Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid(THCA) is synthesized in prevalence within the trichome heads of freshly harvested cannabis flowers. In most regulated markets, cannabis distributed in dispensaries contains labels detailing the product’s cannabinoid contents. THCA, in many cases, prevails as the highest cannabinoid present in items that have not been decarboxylated.

THCA has a number of known benefits when consumed, including having anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective qualities. But THCA is not intoxicating, and must be converted into THC through decarboxylation before any effects can be felt.

So no, you can not get "high" from trimming your cannabis.
Hmm... I could be understanding that wrong mate. Are you saying in the last statement that you can't get high from ingesting weed unless it's been "decarbed" ?
We went through the soap bar epidemic in Scotland and even eating chunks of that gets you pretty stoned.
You can get wrecked from chucking your grinder pollen into a spoonful of yoghurt I assure you.

I've had properly cooked cannabutter and yes it is fuckin lethal by comparison but you can still wreck your day a bit by eating a half gram of most things.

Its the TERPS!! I have had some that you couldn't handle trimming for more than an hour at a time the smell was so strong as well as overpowering . Hell when I would snip one of those big fat juicy colas in the basement to bring it up to trim my EX would smell it upstairs ( about 50 feet away) and say "are you bringing that shit up here again " I would respond yes its time to get the scissors !! You have to love those TERPS!!!!

So, I've just accidentally high jacked another thread with my views on this and thought it might be a good one for discussion.

Can you get stoned from handling weed for 6 hours??

I've always swore it got me stoned. I'm not a heavy smoker so dont get wrecked very often. I generally smoke 2 joints during a 6 hour trim binge and always come out buckled.
I realised earlier that I do eat 20 fingers worth of handball hash in this time cos I'll have to clean up before I roll those 2 joints so maybe that's why?

What's your thoughts folks?
Does trimming get you stoned yes or no???
No the thc molecule is to large to be absorbed throught the skin to get a large enough dose from what i understand.plus its still in its thca form not thc decarbed.
local effects only..PNG

Wrong again you cannot absorb enough through the skin to get high.
I've stuck an acid tab under a guys armpit while he was sleeping.
Got nearly 3 grand worth of reciepts somewhere for the damage I had to pay half of when he attacked his next door neighbours car.
My co-conspirator paid the other half.
Thankfully his neighbour was an understanding, grape vine kinda dude and agreed not to Involve the plods if we sorted it pronto style.
Totally worth it though :)

Wrong again...

...you cannot absorb enough through the skin to get high.
The main question of the thread wasn’t whether or not it can be absorbed through the skin. As for how it’s actually getting ingested, several ideas have been floated, not just that one. The OP’s first post which you quoted talks about eating it. No mention of skin at all actually.

Pepperhead’s post which you quote also mentions the idea of eating it.

plus its still in its thca form not thc decarbed.

This is simply not true. What kind of cannabis nerd are you anyway? :)

Reading back... geez I think I’ve been waking up on the wrong side of the bed the last couple days :( scuze my bluntness.
On the other hand it can be annoying when people just outright tell you you’re lying or making shit up, on no other foundation than their own opinion and lack of knowledge. Well you know what they say about opinions. Everyone’s got one....

its still in its thca form not thc decarbed.

Here are some lab tests showing what I mean about the THC vs THCa levels of non-decarbed bud. Ace publishes test results of most of their strains. Most strains show some THC though a few will show none. Here are five semi-random samples. I grow four of the five as well as several other Ace strains. I haven’t tried Bangi Haze yet.
Golden Tiger and Malawi are personal favorites.
Some of the tests show the results post decarb as well.
Some is in Spanish but it doesn’t exactly take great language skills to read the results.

coming from a painter

Ever spend a Winter day painting a room with alkyd enamel in a place that was being heated with one of those big torpedo heater ("The Oxygen Eater ;) "), then realize on the way home that everyone was blowing their horn at you for some reason, so you stopped somewhere to get a sandwich, realized that you couldn't taste a f*cking thing (other than the alkyd), then realize that you had ketchup all over your face from passing out at the table?

If so, you might be a painter, LMFAO.

Between stuff like that, chemicals/fumes from auto detailing, building-filling clouds of automotive paint (not too bad if you're on a creeper, because the floor doesn't have much of a chance to pick up speed before it punches you), and of course years of entertaining myself via chemistry, It's a wonder I have any functioning brain cells left. . . .

I don’t buy the placebo effect idea at all. Like everyone else here I know what being stoned feels like.

Well, there's always the possibility of plain old "Your sh!t's f*cked up," lol. Every once in a while, I'll just be minding my own business and suddenly be pretty... Well, you know how sometimes you kind of see things that aren't really there at the edge of your vision? When they start marching across your entire field of view (and talking to you), it's an interesting day indeed. Best not be at the top of a ladder when it occurs, though.

Or so a little birdie told me ;) .

Weasel, Sorry that hear your been waking up on wrong side of the bed and it's causing you to lie to us all :rofl::rofl::passitleft:

I set you up in another thread to @TorturedSoul thought id get a bite :rofl: Maybe next time :passitleft:

Check out cobbing. Lots of people in the forum including myself getting high eating 1/2 gram or less of bud.

A nice lady that hangs out on the forum sent me a pretty huge one. I don't remember for sure, but think it might have been Malawi. Was longer than my middle finger and a little bigger in diameter, except towards the one end (and hard enough to pound in nails with, probably). I kept eating larger and larger pieces, wondering when the fun was supposed to start. Maybe it doesn't work on everyone? IDK. Could be an expectation thing, I suppose (I'm a little bit of a cynic).

I greatly appreciated the gesture, though. Was kind of a novelty thing. But a couple days later, when it was all gone, I ended up unsubscribing from that thread due to lack of interest. From everyone's glowing reports, I sort of figured it would have been some kind of experience.

But it was done with a vacuum sealer. I'm guessing that, traditionally, the ones that get buried and left for quite some time either decarboxylate slowly during that time, ferment/cook, or both. Or... IDK, maybe the people over in Africa haven't spent their lives chasing stronger and stronger bud/etc., gotten into the THC vaporizer thing, then realized one day that they just weren't getting high like they used to when they were 14, and ended up half soured on the whole concept of growing/consuming cannabis. I used to laugh at lightweights - now I wish I was one (and wonder if they're laughing at me).

I still try though. Once in a while my brother will show up talking about some really kick-@ss bud he scored, he'll pack a bowl and the first shot whispers, "You're going to really enjoy this." But that's about all that happens, even after finishing the bowl and the next one.

<SIGH>

Back
Top Bottom