Can you get stoned from trimming weed?

Can you get stoned from trimming with bare hands?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of samples will show zero THC and all THCa. Many others will show THC at around 20-30% of the levels of THCa. Some show THC over half the level of THCa - pre decarb.

The decarboxylation process isn't like flipping a light switch. It's a result of time and temperature. Either or both of which may occur to some extent between the moment of chopping the plant and the moment that the lab does the test. You can experience this yourself, if you want to spend the money, by immediately sealing up and overnighting (same day delivery, if possible) a gram of a big bud you've just harvested to a lab for testing(*), then waiting a week and sending another gram of it for testing, then waiting another week and sending another gram of it for testing, then... Et cetera. You'd see a higher percentage of THC in the later samples, along with a corresponding decrease in THC(a).

(*)Although, since I expect that many labs will flash-dry fresh samples in order to remove the water weight, you'd probably see some THC in the test results anyway.

Not for me anymore,I wear gloves. Really depends in strain and grow conditions if you had a total brain wreck strain and it has some early thc yeah.. haven't worked on those strains without gloves in years though.

So, I've just accidentally high jacked another thread with my views on this and thought it might be a good one for discussion.

Can you get stoned from handling weed for 6 hours??

I've always swore it got me stoned. I'm not a heavy smoker so dont get wrecked very often. I generally smoke 2 joints during a 6 hour trim binge and always come out buckled.
I realised earlier that I do eat 20 fingers worth of handball hash in this time cos I'll have to clean up before I roll those 2 joints so maybe that's why?

What's your thoughts folks?
Does trimming get you stoned yes or no???
Only if you’re trimming with one hand and toking with the other

The decarboxylation process isn't like flipping a light switch. It's a result of time and temperature. Either or both of which may occur to some extent between the moment of chopping the plant and the moment that the lab does the test.

THCa also naturally converts to THC over time- a process that’s ongoing

Time and/or temperature. Which is what I meant when I said it’s a ongoing process. I doubt very very very much that this process occuring in the resin glands starts at the ‘moment you chop the plant’. Trichomes are constantly maturing at different stages throughout flowering.

Look- I already knew the answer to the thread question before I came here, because I experienced it.

It’s not exactly one of the great mysteries of the universe.
You trim, you inadvertently eat small amounts of THC, maybe ingest and absorb it other ways too.
Then you get high.
It doesn’t take advanced thought processes to see how this could happen. Does it? :hmmmm:

Let’s say you have a deadly poison- one which cannot be absorbed through the skin. Would you sit and handle it for hour after hour without any protection, then be completely mystified when you feel a little ill after?
‘I swear I didn’t eat any, and online somebody says that it’s inert unless you bake it in the oven first’.
Think your workplace would compensate you and maybe send flowers to your hospital bed?

Would you then go on a thread and waste time arguing with a bunch of random online opinions which say it could never happen and you imagined it all?
Only for a little while...

:ciao:
:passitleft:

The main question of the thread wasn’t whether or not it can be absorbed through the skin. As for how it’s actually getting ingested, several ideas have been floated, not just that one. The OP’s first post which you quoted talks about eating it. No mention of skin at all actually.

Pepperhead’s post which you quote also mentions the idea of eating it.

This is simply not true. What kind of cannabis nerd are you anyway? :)
Lol thanks buddy your the best cracker ever!

The main question of the thread wasn’t whether or not it can be absorbed through the skin. As for how it’s actually getting ingested, several ideas have been floated, not just that one. The OP’s first post which you quoted talks about eating it. No mention of skin at all actually.

Pepperhead’s post which you quote also mentions the idea of eating it.

This is simply not true. What kind of cannabis nerd are you anyway? :)
I am the kind that cares not what you say.

Ever spend a Winter day painting a room with alkyd enamel in a place that was being heated with one of those big torpedo heater ("The Oxygen Eater ;) "), then realize on the way home that everyone was blowing their horn at you for some reason, so you stopped somewhere to get a sandwich, realized that you couldn't taste a f*cking thing (other than the alkyd), then realize that you had ketchup all over your face from passing out at the table?

If so, you might be a painter, LMFAO.

Between stuff like that, chemicals/fumes from auto detailing, building-filling clouds of automotive paint (not too bad if you're on a creeper, because the floor doesn't have much of a chance to pick up speed before it punches you), and of course years of entertaining myself via chemistry, It's a wonder I have any functioning brain cells left. . . .
Ditto lmao, the Nestea plunge don't tickle
:lot-o-toke:

So if I'm to understand and you understand my facetiousness, smoking it is now redundant, just make a mull, finer and finer, breath and enjoy.

I think that only way how to get high would be in very high temperature lets say 40celsius and trimming for hours and even with that high would be really low compared to normal joint/bong hit.

and thc absorbing through skin is total bs.

So if I'm to understand and you understand my facetiousness, smoking it is now redundant, just make a mull, finer and finer, breath and enjoy.

Yeah, but heating your lungs up a few hundred degrees seems like it'd be a mite unpleasant.

I don't think it's absorbed through the skin because THC is a fat-soluble substance. I think the cause of your problem Barney is that there is is a lot of volatile compounds evaporated while you work on it and one, some or many are causing problems breathing them in over the time you work. Try doing it in a well-ventilated area. Here's a typical list of volatiles in cannabis flower:

Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis - Somchai Rice Jacek A. Koziel

Cannabis Volatiles List.PNG
Simply said.... HELL YEAH! cannabinoids can and are absorbed through the skin, esp if you have any scratches or dings in your skin. Then, of course, sucking the resin off your fingers also contributes to the state of joyful happiness!

cannabinoids can and are absorbed through the skin, esp if you have any scratches or dings in your skin.

In which case, they're not so much passing through the skin as they are passing by it.

But, in either case, is the amount that does enter the body via that route going to be enough (and in the proper form) for a normal adult who is not overly suggestible and who, presumably, consumes cannabis on a regular basis, to "get stoned," as the subject line asks?

In which case, they're not so much passing through the skin as they are passing by it.

But, in either case, is the amount that does enter the body via that route going to be enough (and in the proper form) for a normal adult who is not overly suggestible and who, presumably, consumes cannabis on a regular basis, to "get stoned," as the subject line asks?

I don't fit that category. I ingest, and most days totally forget my cooking herbs when I cook.

no

Trimming is starting to sound like the the best way to get stoned and conserve your harvest...

So they can throw them into the freezer when each pair gets so sticky that everything becomes a royal pain in the ass, then pull them back out when there's a collection of the things, peel the "glue" off, and smoke it.

So they can throw them into the freezer when each pair gets so sticky that everything becomes a royal pain in the ass, then pull them back out when there's a collection of the things, peel the "glue" off, and smoke it.

Helluva good idea! Too bad we can't do that to scissors, :)

Back
Top Bottom