Ergrow7's First Grow - Bruce Banner

ergrow7

09/11
Hey everyone, this is the first grow that is being attempted. ANY and all help would be greatly appreciated. The goal is to be able to clone her (hopefully) and grow 5 additional sprouts from her to fill up the box's capacity.

The seed is Bruce Banner (presumably) unknown phenotype (#3 based on the mothers flower qualities). The grow is taking place inside of a closet box. Its about 3 feet tall, 18 inches by 14 inches is the base. The light is a 180 watt full spectrum UFO led light. The method of grow is Hydroponic.

Pics of the Box/Set up:

20150826_130319.jpg

20150829_110743.jpg

***************************************************************************************
Everything was going smoothly. I'm running a 24/0 light cycle, humidity is kept between 45-60, and temp is kept between 75-82.

Week three just finished yesterday and noticed some problems with the leaves. Could anyone help me out?

20150911_114738.jpg

20150911_114724.jpg

20150911_114713_001.jpg

If you look at the leaves you'll notice discoloration occuring.

I cant quite figure out what the problem is. Any help would be great!! I'll update the log this weekend after my exams for the previous 3 weeks.
***************************************************************************************

Pictures without LED Light: Week 3 day 1

20150911_145732.jpg

20150911_145714.jpg

20150911_145706.jpg

Re: ergrow7's First Grow! ****Bruce Banner****

Sorry, should have taken regular pics in the first place. Here they are under a regular light:

20150911_145732.jpg

20150911_145714.jpg

20150911_145706.jpg

Noticed something was off a several days ago when the base leaves were about half their size. The basin currently has distilled water and a bubbler. Then I noticed that there was algae forming in the tube leading to the air stone as well as the wire for the water thermometer (about an hour ago.) A thought came up about doing a dump of the water and clean out the tube and everything but wasn't sure if that would be too much stress for the plant.

No I havent put anything inside the water as of yet. I'm assuming its entering its veg stage? I want it to get up to 15 inches before I switch the light cycle and force flower

Okay great thanks. Does anyone have any quick solutions to help with the Calcium? I can order some things online but it'll take a few days to get here...which I don't think she has left. I just checked and the spots are definitely a lot more prevalent than even earlier today.

Also would flushing the basin be a good idea?

So I might be over reacting because its my first grow, but here is a picture from just a few minutes ago. The pictures above were about 8 hours prior.

uhoh3.jpg

It definately seems to be getting worst. I have some "Osmocote slow Release Plant food: Vegetable & Bedding" I didnt know if this would work or how it would work with a hydroponic system.

So another update: week 3 day 4

2 days after I washed out the basin of water and removed all the algae that was forming. I refilled the basin with distilled water and added nutrients to the basin. In addition to that I added some Osmocote to the water to dissolve and placed a few about a few millimeters below the medium of growth. The last change was the addition of 1/4th of a CO2 tab to the basin. I'll be adding this every week through the veg cycle.

These are the changes:

The bottom leaves have almost completely dried up and look close to dying, but intrestingly enough as the outside of the leaf gets worst the first third of the leaf connected to the stem is getting greener. Also the top leaves forming have become solid green but still show signs of nutritional deficiencies.

20150913_154251.jpg

20150913_154209.jpg

I've read of some people removing the leaves that are most dammaged so that the efforts and nutrients can be used for other leaves and growth. Should this be done? If so which ones?

Thanks for your time! :Namaste:

The spots looks like foliage burns from whatever you are spraying them with, could be chemical burns or just burns from spraying them while the light is on and it's too hot, the little water drops act as a magnifier. I would also recommend ph adjusting both foliage spray and your reserve.

So another update: week 3 day 4

2 days after I washed out the basin of water and removed all the algae that was forming. I refilled the basin with distilled water and added nutrients to the basin. In addition to that I added some Osmocote to the water to dissolve and placed a few about a few millimeters below the medium of growth. The last change was the addition of 1/4th of a CO2 tab to the basin. I'll be adding this every week through the veg cycle.

These are the changes:

The bottom leaves have almost completely dried up and look close to dying, but intrestingly enough as the outside of the leaf gets worst the first third of the leaf connected to the stem is getting greener. Also the top leaves forming have become solid green but still show signs of nutritional deficiencies.

20150913_154251.jpg

20150913_154209.jpg

I've read of some people removing the leaves that are most dammaged so that the efforts and nutrients can be used for other leaves and growth. Should this be done? If so which ones?

Thanks for your time! :Namaste:

I would keep going but definately use Reverse Osmosis water instead of distilled. And make sure your ph is 5.8 for hydro or 6.2 for soil. I had a couple of clones that looked pretty deficient till I got the nutes in them. Remember with young seedlings that the nutes must be weak (about 1/4 strength), but they need to be there. You may need to top feed till your roots are developed enough to get at your hydro-flooding. :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom