Ethylene for cure or ripe?

Tissue culture, now that sounds interesting. Knowing me I'd better find out if there's a 12 Step group for it before I jump off the deep end. With my personality I'll be cloning weed today and puppies tomorrow.

I was flipping through a Wikipedia article Cannabis cultivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
when I came across the line 'Colloidal silver suppresses ethylene production in bud sites, stimulating male characteristics' I'm guessing that you're beyond hermies being a problem but it does make me think the addition of ethylene could help stabilize things for the experimental variety people. Hmmm, I grow from seed and I think I'm going to try exposing my next grow seeds to ethylene for a week before I sprout them. The same batch of seeds were 3/4s male so I've got a bench mark. They were going in the budder pot but maybe there's some good left in them. Well not 'til next spring, I grow in an unheated shed.

Have fun with the microscope. I do enjoy the shots that people post on the galleries here. Takes me back to the wonderful world of Mary Jane and Sniffles. That name just had to be a weed reference......

T.C. is a little advanced for me as well, but I have a partner who has done it with other plants. He has also witnessed some very sick thing done to animals in labs, the intent here is plants only for now. Many hormones get used, doubling chromosome's and all the fun that can be. I will also need yet another 12 step stabilization program for my mind, medications aren't doing it as well now. Sexing seeds I will study again. As to hermi's Liberache still resides, with week sperm. In other words the pollen is week at best. I believe that they breed the male vigor into these plants, and this can be and is stabilized for production with t.c.

420 - today I put seeds from a batch that were 75% male last time I used them in a sealed container with a couple of ripe bananas. They'll wait until the end of the month and then I'll sprout them. They're ultimately for an outdoor grow so it'll be some time before I'll know the results. Have you tried anything in your sealed environment?

Back
Top Bottom