STS for Fem Seeds

So, tried researching around and couldn't find anything on this specifically. Granted, I am high, and I could have totally missed it!🤣 But has anyone ever tried soaking a fem seed in a very weak sts solution and continued to apply through veg to assure it being male? Is this just a stupid question? My thinking is that if you can inhibit the ethylene production as early as possible?

So, tried researching around and couldn't find anything on this specifically. Granted, I am high, and I could have totally missed it!🤣 But has anyone ever tried soaking a fem seed in a very weak sts solution and continued to apply through veg to assure it being male? Is this just a stupid question? My thinking is that if you can inhibit the ethylene production as early as possible?
I might be wrong, but I thought blocking ethylene was a temporary effect, and that the plant will revert to forming female flowers after you stop applying sts?
I'm also wondering if the plant even produces much ethylene before flowering?

Good question.
Kinda defeating the purpose on reversing a selective female with STS spray.
If you get it to go male, you will have regular seeds
:passitleft:

Good question.
I was having a high moment on when the earliest you could reverse. Took be all the way to germination, lol. Kind of extreme, but if I took a cut of my favorite female, I wanted to figure out how early was too early

I was having a high moment on when the earliest you could reverse. Took be all the way to germination, lol. Kind of extreme, but if I took a cut of my favorite female, I wanted to figure out how early was too early
Take a cut of your favorite female and start spraying her a week before the flip and couple weeks after on a couple of branches. After that you'll start seeing male flowers appear. ( some STS sprays are different on application times

I wouldn't recommend dosing the whole plant, just a couple of branches will give you more than enough pollen.
Wait until they open up and collect the pollen from there

I like to wait until the plant is mature as well.

Cheers

Take a cut of your favorite female and start spraying her a week before the flip and couple weeks after on a couple of branches. After that you'll start seeing male flowers appear. ( some STS sprays are different on application times

I wouldn't recommend dosing the whole plant, just a couple of branches will give you more than enough pollen.
Wait until they open up and collect the pollen from there

I like to wait until the plant is mature as well.

Cheers
Thanks, future endeavors running through my mind

I reverse (autos) and start treating them at 13-15 days old, from seed. Treating them any earlier sometimes causes freaks. Let them get to growing vigorously first.
Reversing them doesn’t change them to male though- it simply produces normally male pollen that has female chromosomes. So when you use the pollen, it’s like a female fertilizing another female, which guarantees female offspring.
I have found that once the treatment is effective, that area will make a few pistils then all pollen sacs. I have not seen them go back to making pistils once that starts.
I treat the whole plant unless I’m making S1 (selfed) seeds. The bud on the plants is generally seeded or treated and isn’t really any good for smoking anyway, especially the treated areas which would be dangerous to smoke.

I reverse (autos) and start treating them at 13-15 days old, from seed. Treating them any earlier sometimes causes freaks. Let them get to growing vigorously first.
Reversing them doesn’t change them to male though- it simply produces normally male pollen that has female chromosomes. So when you use the pollen, it’s like a female fertilizing another female, which guarantees female offspring.
I have found that once the treatment is effective, that area will make a few pistils then all pollen sacs. I have not seen them go back to making pistils once that starts.
I treat the whole plant unless I’m making S1 (selfed) seeds. The bud on the plants is generally seeded or treated and isn’t really any good for smoking anyway, especially the treated areas which would be dangerous to smoke.
I appreciate it, looking at seed production so me and the missus dont have to buy in the future and not have to keep mothers. Just thinking ahead, great info. Thanks so much!

I appreciate it, looking at seed production so me and the missus dont have to buy in the future and not have to keep mothers. Just thinking ahead, great info. Thanks so much!
Of course!
I recommend visiting our seed sponsors for great genetics but yes I also keep my seed stock up the same way. And get some interesting crosses in there.
I haven’t reversed any photo plants, just autos which have a slightly tighter window and seem to be ok reproducing when originating from feminized seeds.
Glad I could help a bit, good luck with it.

Of course!
I recommend visiting our seed sponsors for great genetics but yes I also keep my seed stock up the same way. And get some interesting crosses in there.
I haven’t reversed any photo plants, just autos which have a slightly tighter window and seem to be ok reproducing when originating from feminized seeds.
Glad I could help a bit, good luck with it.
I'll probably be hitting you up when the time comes!

Good question.
???
I think Justin is right on this one. At least that's what I've heard throughout the years.

Back
Top Bottom