STSing For Pollen

startergrow

I've planted 7 seeds from a suprisingly good, but terribly pollenated, jar of bud I received from a neighbour. He doesn't know the strain, but I'd thought it'd be fun to use the abundant, cheap seeds to see if I could STS some plants for pollen and then see if I can grow some feminized seeds. If it works i'll probably try it on some of the good strains I come across.

So far, I've tossed one to be safe, (had another thread previously for strange leaf texture) and have six in veg with clones taken from each of them, waiting to root.

The plan is to STS spray a couple of the females plants, throw out the males.

The larger of the remaining 6 are starting to show sex but, as I usually just grow fem seeds, I'm not good at telling the early signs. I can't switch to flower as I need to know sex first so I can start spraying before the switch. Can anyone help identifying this one? I think it's male.

If I can't figure out the sex before flower I'll likely switch the clones to flower immediately just to get check if they are male or female.

Thanks for the help.

cs_02_mf.jpg

That one's definitely a male.

Interesting that the male above has balls in VEG.... that's not really a good sign for making seeds I'm thinking.

Prolly dont need STS on the females. They will likely have ball sacks without the nasty chemicals. Dont forget you cant smoke the buds you treat with that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom