Exhale Blocks

Maer

OK So here is my chemical analysis of these exhale blocks. First of all you should know I am an avid mycophile, I grow 6 strains if gourmet mushrooms and maybe a few others... for scientific purposes.

The reaction for the respiration of a cell from sugar goes like this:

1 Glucose + 6O2 = 6CO2 + 6H20

So lets say these exhale bags are 1lb, they could be 5lb or 10 but that simple multiplication.

So out of 454grams lets say a half of that is usable sugars. That's 227g of sugar, now comes a little chemistry. 227g of sugar is 1.26 mols of glucose.

If fully reacted after 6 months (their claim) that will release 7.56mols of CO2, 7.56 mols is 169.3liters or 6 cubic feet of CO2 at standard temp and pressure.

Interesting analysis. You've provided the numbers and hypothesis, and 6 cu. ft. isn't a whole hell of a lot of CO2, at all. I was a professional brewer and used CO2 as an integral part of my work, and I doubt 6 cu. ft of CO2, even in an enclosed tent, wouldn't push the ppm up that high.

Interesting analysis. You've provided the numbers and hypothesis, and 6 cu. ft. isn't a whole hell of a lot of CO2, at all. I was a professional brewer and used CO2 as an integral part of my work, and I doubt 6 cu. ft of CO2, even in an enclosed tent, wouldn't push the ppm up that high.

Well I mean there are other reactions for sure, for example when you break a carbohydrate chain which is really a long chain of sugars you get one molecule of CO2. Breaking of fructose to sucrose and glucose again 1 molecule.

I probably gave a 50% margin of error to account for secondary reactions, and again it could be a 5lb or 10lb block, but even at 10lb.... 600cuft of CO2 still is not a lot over 6 months.

I would like to see a grow with these with a CO2 meter.

Well I mean there are other reactions for sure, for example when you break a carbohydrate chain which is really a long chain of sugars you get one molecule of CO2. Breaking of fructose to sucrose and glucose again 1 molecule.

I probably gave a 50% margin of error to account for secondary reactions, and again it could be a 5lb or 10lb block, but even at 10lb.... 600cuft of CO2 still is not a lot over 6 months.

I would like to see a grow with these with a CO2 meter.

I think you mean 60 cubic ft. I would like to see a test of these as well, might just go buy a tank and say fuck it though too.

Back
Top Bottom