Extension of a tent?

albertgrow123

hello.......once again ha ha!!!!!,a freind of mine is having heat issues in his tent,it is 1.0m x1.0m x2.0 m,with a 600 hps light,he is running two oscillating fans inside,one on the light one 3 ft below on movement above plants,he has two 4inch extractor fans 1 running through a carbon filter,the light is roughly a meter of the plants,the problem is it is still too hot,sitting on 30 degrees,with a few vents in the tent open and front door(not good for helis above),was thinking why could this still be hot??????,so i was thinking(and it did hurt),what if he was to open the front doors and pin them back and create a mylar porch if you like,would this bring the heat down a touch being a touch more space,say by 3m in length by 2.0 meters in height???with a slit for a door opening,the plants are doing well no sign of burn,very healthy from a week fro clone.but he is worried that when they get bigger is there going to be a problem??????

can anyone shed some light on wether this would take the heat down,or how i could bring heat down in current space.

many regards

albertgrow123:thanks:

For the most part it sounds like we use the same set up, you can see it by clicking the grow journal on my signature.

You say you have 2, 4" extractor fans pulling through the carbon filter.
Is the light A/C? (air cooled)
Mine is and I am able to maintain temps in the mid 70's.
Maybe your friend needs to get a bigger fan and connect it to the scrubber, the light, and out the tent as I do mine, then use the smaller 4"s he has for intake fans.
I feel that having an air cooled hood is a must in the smaller tent like these and would probably solve the issue.

As for extending the tent, I suppose it could be done if security etc is not an issue or if no one shares the room with said tent.
I sleep next to mine so I would go with cooling the light.
You might even be able to cool the light using the fans you already have in a different configuration, a picture of your set up would help a lot!
Hope that helped some. Good luck to you and your friend!

hi smokey thanks for the reply,i did have a look at your set up,where you have the fan it is all quite neat,my freinds is slightly all over the show as using a bat wing hood.i sorted his problem a touch,he has it in a attic,wich is fully insulated.outside the tent is 33 degrees alone.i took his carbon filter and stripped it reversed it from the tent with a 4" extractor fan,bearing in mind when i got there it was 39 degrees!!!!!!,i managed to get it down to 32" degrees,i intend to put exactly same outlet on other side,wich in return should get me down to 28-30 degrees(happy-ish) days,the plants still look healthy,this is the shocking thing about it,after all it has been abused,slightly dry on some leaves,but should come again,lightly mist the plants before i left,looks all o.k.......many thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom