Help needed....urgently!

albertgrow123

i have just aquired a budbox grow tent 1.0 x 1.0 x2.0,and have been given a 600 watt light,i have plants arriving tomorrow.......the problem i am having is,i want to purchase an in line extractor fan and still scratching my head on what size fan to use??????,i have made a carbon filter(on the cheap)using duct,carbon/grease filter paper and stockings(very kinky must i add),the duct is 120mm,i have a oscillating fan etc,just need to know what size fan to get heat issues just right!!!!need my loved ones to live!!!!

please,please help,as a newbie to this forum.....but have been browsing for some time,i would like to say hi,and any expertise would be so helpfull,:thanks:

many regards
albertgrow123:Rasta:

Not sure about the posted dimensions...is that a 1m x 1m x2m? All fans have a cfm (cubic feet per minute) rating. Sort out you cubic feet and match the fan to that. Seems like I remember hearing that you want to replace all the air every 4 mins, but I may be wrong on that number. Anyhow, your space is relativly small so a huge in-line isn't really necesary.

hi there mate,yeah my dimensions are all by meter,i just bought an extractor fan 4",the only reason for big light as given to me and on a budget!!!!,also added an outlet extenal flap wall vent(130 mm),not quite up to date with the how to calculate your cubic meter etc....(bit dense im afraid as i am new to this ha ha!!!!!)

apparantly the extract rate is 20l/s (72 m3/h. also has a humidity sensor?????????would this cause a problem.

thanks for your input,this site is the best for great info,any advise is being all taken on board

kindest regards

albertgrow123:goodjob:

The fan is more than enough to circulate out the air in your space. I am a little concerned about the heat generation inside that small of a space, but that can be easily remedied by leaving some small gaps in your tent and running a small fan, which you should have to help strengthen the stalks anyway. Sometimes the only way to know if there are going to be problems, especially heat problems, is to just jump in and do it. As far as the humidity switch goes, if it gives you any trouble, disable the little bugger!

thanks mate ..........top man,so all looking rosy,having problems wiring fan at mo!!!!!!!pain in the ass,when wired correctly should the fan automatically start.....as it is showing details for fan isolater!!!,or would it be purely functioned by humidity!!!!,does not seem to say in manual....strange!!!!:thanks:

ignore last post,feel proper stupid,forgot to remove bit of plastic from the earth!!!!!!div??????

southern weed thanks for the help mate,if any one has any ideas for my grow tent please post!!!!!!!!!!

many thanks:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom