EZ-CLONE Question?

GoodGrnMeds

I was given an EZ-C120 by a very good friend... :cool: Normally I use Jiffy pucs from Walmart, 72 pucs per tray. Very reasonble buy @ $6 per tray The down side to the Jiffy pucs is they can dry out... and my babies seem to take about 10days or so to show legs.

My hope is that I can replace my old method with the EZ cloner, reducing baby maintnance to an occasional mist. This is where you guys come in, I usually soak pucs in Humbolt Roots, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed, B1, and a shot of Hydrogen Peroxide. I use the same solution to mist and dip all babies in Clonex.

I set the EZ cloner up, put my mix in the res and stuck the babies in the neoprene collars... I didn't think I had to dip them in clonex since they would be wet constantly. :goodjob: It turns out, I should have! My question is: Is it to late to dip the babies in clonex. They were cut 12/10.

Any suggstions would be great! Thanks.

the reason you need to dip the cuttings is that you will get an embolism (big word) from the end of cut. they wont take...they will die before they become established. sorry

the reason you need to dip the cuttings is that you will get an embolism (big word) from the end of cut. they wont take...they will die before they become established. sorry

So true!

If you can take more clones, that would be your best bet.

If you have to wait for more shoots to grow out to cut, there is something you could try while you are waiting.

Cut about 1/2" off the clones bottoms, dip and go from there. If they are already wilted from the embolism, they are beyond hope and you will have to go with fresh cuttings. But, if they aren't wilted, it's worth a shot.

DD

Droopy Dog... PitViper... Right on, thanks for the input. I checked my babies this morning and their starting to get beautifull white legs! I'm not trying to promote the EZ cloner, but it's the BOMB! I love it!

I guess if I had used clonex or something similar, there would be more roots by now. Oh well, I'm impressed! 5 days, not bad. No wilting. Thanks again guys.

Next time though, I will dip them.

Back
Top Bottom