Ez cloner trouble

budmcdablin

420 Member
Hello, I have been using a Ez cloner for around 45 weeks and now have been experiencing troubles with clones rooting.

(45 weeks ago) Date: Dec 2017 - I first was using a 32 site cloner with Clonex solution and a easy boy filter, At the current time I am unsure on what my current PPM was during that time. I had a very good success rate.

fast forward to present day

All clones have been cut at 45* angle and are coming from healthy moms
They are in a 4x4 tent under 24/7 2 bulb t5 light, Temp is reading 75 degrees, humidity reading 65%

I have replaced the ez cloner with a brand new 64 site and now using a RO filter. The reason for replacement as the old 32 was washed and soaked in bleach (assuming that was the cause of my failures). I'm still currently having issues. For this batch of clones, I Ph'd the water to 6.2, with 250 PPM of clonex solution and Hormone rooting gel which was applied before being in the cloner. Just under two weeks of it sitting, I have some signs of root growth but also seeing a good percentage die.

During this time of the clones sitting in this batch, The water was not checked to see what the current PH has been. When checked PH was reading 6.4, PPM remained constant.

I remade a batch of fresh clonex solution, raising the PPM levels to 310 (70ml of clonex solution in a 5 gallon) setting the PH to 6.1-6.2. Ph was on the cusp 6.2.

If anyone can provide me with information on what is being done wrong, or care to share your method of cloning it was be greatly appreciated

Sounds like the clones aren't getting enough water if they are dieing. Could be too warm/dry in your room/tent. I use plain well water for my aero clones with no issues

I've posted on a few other forums, so far the issue could be that I am using neut water when I should be using plain water. Any idea what your ph is on the plain water?

I can lower the temp down to 70* if that would help. The highest the humidity can get in there is 75% from what i saw without adding moister

I have 5 gallons of water in the cloner and checked the spray tips which are covering the whole area of the cloner.

I never PH my clone water. Mine runs about the same as Turbo's. I do my clones in Perlite/Vermiculite mix so things are slightly different. I wouldn't lower the temps. Warm is better for starts and clones. Same with humidity more is better for clones. You might consider spraying the leaves with water also. They bring in a lot of moisture through the leaves at this time.

I don't know how Clonex in the water effects things. When I do mine I dip them and then plant. The Clonex is surrounding the stem so that should be the same as having it in the water. I do know that nutrients can confuse clones. You want them to only concentrate on roots.

You never mentioned if you are running a strain you have already cloned with success. That could be a factor. Some strains don't clone well.

Back
Top Bottom