Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

The first 3 are for synjet fans. The last one is a spot sink. It might work but fin pin is far superior. Where did you buy your heatsinks?
I use the 120mm from NGL. I usually have 30 in stock. 120mm will easily handle up to 70w. Most of us are running 50w COBs (ie. Vero 29D at 1400mA)
Didn't see this. I bought them from Northern Grow Lights, I got the 133mm which now 8 realise wasn't necessary if 120's would have worked lol

After watching that video pin heat sinks are a no brainier. Unfortunately NGL had a sale so I'm boned atm as they're basically out of everything haha If you end up getting any you can spare let me know! I guess I'll focus on drivers and chips for now until I can figure something out.

The set heatsinks that robin has at ngl are a lot better quality than rapid leds 140mm heatsinks. Rapids heatsinks look like hand drilled, can't layout on centers have to measure each heatsink. After putting wall fan my heatsinks are cold to touch now, I got it high enough for lights and plants
I have two clip on fans set to low in my tent with my cobs running about 25 watts and my 133mm pin reads lower than my tents temp by a full degree farenheit. That's solid.

420-magazine-mobile299579716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1901566819.jpg

More like 2 lol

Thx alot guys!

Really love all the great help and the people here :thanks:

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the future of COB lighting from Bridgelux.....Xenio 29
Interchangeable LED COB on an 48v automated control system.
Wifi compatible, control and view real time data of your lights anywhere over your Mobil phone.
420-magazine-mobile784739974.jpg
420-magazine-mobile266927568.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the future of COB lighting from Bridgelux.....Xenio 29
Interchangeable LED COB on an 48v automated control system.
Wifi compatible, control and view real time data of your lights anywhere over your Mobil phone.
420-magazine-mobile784739974.jpg
420-magazine-mobile266927568.jpg
Cobs are not the future of growing.

At least not as we know them.

Quantum board etc will be the future.

2-3 umols is pretty impressive.

You also get far better coverage, color mix, and they are easier to build.

I still love cobs but boards will be the future of horticulture.

Even Cree laughs at us for using cobs in horticultire.

Look at the board they just tested.

Could run over 700ma I believe as it was too bright for the sphere.

Incredible.

I'm not a big quantum board fan. The SMD technology is over 10 years old and they get hot as hell. Yes they are extremely bright but plants don't need that level of light. I'm sure there will be something to replace COBs and Q boards and whatever comes after that. Eventually it will be a tent sized wafer thin board that puts out the exact spectrum. Possibly integrated into the fabric of the tent. But until then.....

JimmyJames905

Wow, had not heard of these before. What is the expected cost difference between these and a Vero29 Gen7 or SE model. When do they expect to be released to the public along with specs?

Thanks for sharing this info.

JimmyJames905

Wow, had not heard of these before. What is the expected cost difference between these and a Vero29 Gen7 or SE model. When do they expect to be released to the public along with specs?

Thanks for sharing this info.

I have very little information on these. All I know is it a modular design and can be controlled via your smartphone. Should be available this year. I've sent an enquiry.

Anybody heard of Alta COBs? Alta is out of Cali and supposedly they have chips specifically designed for cannabis. Anyone have experience or even heard of them?

Yes. I sent them an email. They're not exactly saying what their price per cob is though. I'd be very interested in American made chips. Not a fan of giving any more business to china. #cobjobsfornorthamerica

Clu1212, 3500K, Meanwell 240/1050. Mine runs 6 of them. Total 270W... So its a lilbit more then expected. (killawatt)

Maybe a 185/1050 will run 5 at 40W each... Jimmy knows for shure.

But i would grab 9x vero 29 D instead of the CLUs and run them at at higher wattage. Maybe 3x3 on 3x240/1750 for total 720W.

3x5000K and 6x3000K would be pretty good. 240W of 5000K are pretty efficient and the other 480W are a nice boost for flower
Awesome I'm looking into the vero 29d as you specified.

So you reckon x9 would be enough? For a 4x4ft tent scrog?

I know most if you guys are US based and I appreciate the help I'm loving the vids just that I'm the kinda guy that has to get my hands in things and make mistakes to learn if that makes sense?

I was aiming for (eventually) 3x Diy rail fixtures to cover 3 x 4ftx4ft each hopefully with 1000w max per panel so 10x100w vero each panel and the necessary drivers/heatsink ext and have 2 main flower panels for perpetual grows and keep the tent for mum plants I'm in the middle of acquiring a room and where I live it's all low grade miracle grow low quality weed.

I know this isn't going to be cheap but I'd be happy with one vero (panel) dimmable 1000w max but run it at 40-50% efficiency until I get dialled in with Coco or maybe even DWC.

I'm currently looking at UK sellers of Vero D and SE and also the drivers to power 5 of them each rail similar to Growmau5.

Thanks for the 9 mix if 3000k/50000k advice too.

Did you mean in a 3x3 order in the structure?

Asking as it beats a 600w hps (I know it will) I'll be more than happy..

I'm gonna go through all of growmau5 videos right now as I'm in work and want to know roughly I'd need to invest for my first 600w hps replacement.

Thanks bro .

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Awesome I'm looking into the vero 29d as you specified.

So you reckon x9 would be enough? For a 4x4ft tent scrog?

I know most if you guys are US based and I appreciate the help I'm loving the vids just that I'm the kinda guy that has to get my hands in things and make mistakes to learn if that makes sense?

I was aiming for (eventually) 3x Diy rail fixtures to cover 3 x 4ftx4ft each hopefully with 1000w max per panel so 10x100w vero each panel and the necessary drivers/heatsink ext and have 2 main flower panels for perpetual grows and keep the tent for mum plants I'm in the middle of acquiring a room and where I live it's all low grade miracle grow low quality weed.

I know this isn't going to be cheap but I'd be happy with one vero (panel) dimmable 1000w max but run it at 40-50% efficiency until I get dialled in with Coco or maybe even DWC.

I'm currently looking at UK sellers of Vero D and SE and also the drivers to power 5 of them each rail similar to Growmau5.

Thanks for the 9 mix if 3000k/50000k advice too.

Did you mean in a 3x3 order in the structure?

Asking as it beats a 600w hps (I know it will) I'll be more than happy..

I'm gonna go through all of growmau5 videos right now as I'm in work and want to know roughly I'd need to invest for my first 600w hps replacement.

Thanks bro .

If using the Vero gen7 D series or D series SE use the Meanwell HLG-185h-C1400b to drive 4 COBs. Use two of these arrays to completely wall to wall cover a 2x4 tent. Use 2 4000k and 2 1750k chips per rail. Make it switchable. This will allow you to run the whole system at 200w for veg and 400w for flower.
Pair the chips with the SST 120mm from NGL or Cobkits.
It should cost you $250 USD to build each array. This is hands down the cheapest build around. 3700 micromoles at 8".
That's 1.5x brighter than the California sun in summer.
If covering a 4x4 build 4 arrays for complete coverage. But this is massive overkill.
If you want to build a 9 cob array use one HLG-240h-c1400 to run 5 COBs and a HLG-185h-c1400 to run 4 COBs for a total of 9.
I like the 4 cob rails because it gives you a cob per sq foot and the 4 light array can be moved around to fit any tent from a 2x4 up...should you decide on a bigger tent in the future.

Back
Top Bottom