Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

You probably could run drip timer automation with the arduino uno. It has 14 digital and 6 analog I/O. I asked him about a thermocouple sensor and apparently you can run that on your arduino too.

Red?
420-magazine-mobile1486267209.jpg

Hey fanleaf, loving your work. This is badass… I’m glad I found your thread before investing in Mars/Plantium/Apache LED’s. I’ve been reading for almost a week and I’m only on pg 40. I have a few questions for you if you don’t mind…

1.Did you ever post the par/ppf results for those different chip manufactures (Vero, Citi etc) you were testing?

I’ve been waiting to see how they compare to the 3590’s. I was thinking I can save some $$ buy running a different chip if they proved worthy. Thanks to you, I will start my own DIY cob build for 1 or 2 4x8 trays in my spare room. At 1 light per sq ft I’m looking at 32 cobs per tray. Any ideas on the light arrangement? I was considering a 4x8, 3x8, 3x7 light arrangement. Would you recommend 3000k & 5000k as well? What % of 5000k would you use? I recall you said your current 42 cob build needed more 5000k lights since the par was too low when you ran them at 100%.

I also found Mau5 grow kit on Cutters site for 48 cobs. It looks complete but it has a different driver & heatsink. I’m totally new to this. Can you look and see if the equipment included in the kit is up to snuff? Or would you recommend timber kits instead (links at bottom of my post)? I tried to piece it together with the suppliers you provided and it ran me about $4100. But it's not complete or 100% accurate. I’m still learning... =)

2. I know you said there was a dramatic temp difference between your old HPS & your 25 cob setup. Do you have any specifics on that? Like temp difference? Cost to run both set ups? I keep getting sh it from friends that I’m wasting my time with LED’s and that gavitas are the way to go. Any insights on gravitas? Cost to run them, ballast, vents, a/c etc? My room is approx 9x9x8h and know that is too low for gavitas.

Thanks again everybody for providing all this great info =)

MAU5 48 grow
cutter. com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut3070

Timer
timbergrowlights. com/300-watt-cree-cxb3590-6-cob-grow-light-kit/

Hey fanleaf, loving your work. This is badass... I'm glad I found your thread before investing in Mars/Plantium/Apache LED's. I've been reading for almost a week and I'm only on pg 40. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind...

1.Did you ever post the par/ppf results for those different chip manufactures (Vero, Citi etc) you were testing?

I've been waiting to see how they compare to the 3590's. I was thinking I can save some $$ buy running a different chip if they proved worthy. Thanks to you, I will start my own DIY cob build for 1 or 2 4x8 trays in my spare room. At 1 light per sq ft I'm looking at 32 cobs per tray. Any ideas on the light arrangement? I was considering a 4x8, 3x8, 3x7 light arrangement. Would you recommend 3000k & 5000k as well? What % of 5000k would you use? I recall you said your current 42 cob build needed more 5000k lights since the par was too low when you ran them at 100%.

I also found Mau5 grow kit on Cutters site for 48 cobs. It looks complete but it has a different driver & heatsink. I'm totally new to this. Can you look and see if the equipment included in the kit is up to snuff? Or would you recommend timber kits instead (links at bottom of my post)? I tried to piece it together with the suppliers you provided and it ran me about $4100. But it's not complete or 100% accurate. I'm still learning... =)

2. I know you said there was a dramatic temp difference between your old HPS & your 25 cob setup. Do you have any specifics on that? Like temp difference? Cost to run both set ups? I keep getting sh it from friends that I'm wasting my time with LED's and that gavitas are the way to go. Any insights on gravitas? Cost to run them, ballast, vents, a/c etc? My room is approx 9x9x8h and know that is too low for gavitas.

Thanks again everybody for providing all this great info =)

MAU5 48 grow
cutter. com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut3070

Timer
timbergrowlights. com/300-watt-cree-cxb3590-6-cob-grow-light-kit/
So you haven't got to the part where Vero killed Cree ;) Vero 29 chips run about 30 CAD, so less than half of the Cree chips. Jimmy's the man with all the numbers, unfortunately Fanleaf is a busy fellow and we don't see him too often but someone will set you up! Best bet is talk to Jimmy he's the man with a plan and knows all PAR readings for different chips and shiz.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Canna. When you say 30 CAD are ya referring to Canadian $$$? AutoCAD??

Hopefully I'll get to that part soon... & of course if Jimmy wants to post those par comparisons that'd be great!!

Thanks Buck...I'll look into cutters veri/citi kits as well.

Back
Top Bottom