Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Thanks Canna. When you say 30 CAD are ya referring to Canadian $$$? AutoCAD?? .

Hopefully I'll get to that part soon... & of course if Jimmy wants to post those par comparisons that'd be great!!

Thanks Buck...I'll look into cutters veri/citi kits as well.

Par comparison.
Cree CXB 6500k @1750mA
PAR testing COBs - Cree CXb3590 6500K - YouTube

Vero 29 D series 4000k @1750mA
PAR testing COB's- Vero 29 SE D-Series (4000k) - YouTube

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

WOOOW... Vero wins. Thanks again Jimmy!! :bravo:

To be fair that was a 6500k vs a 4000k. When I get my hands on some 3500 or 4000k CXB's I'll post a new par video. But preliminary testing points to Vero as the winner in "bang for buck" factor.

Hey Jimmy... are these the vero's you tested? Recommend? Vero29 SE-X D from cutters (mau5 kit). They offer a 3000k 90 CRI or 3500k 80 CRI option?? I'm guessing I should get the 3500k. Do I add 5000k's to my setup? if so which ones? I don't see them on cutters individually or in a kit. I would like to build the lite for veg/flower.

Hello
The HLG-XXXH-C drivers all have the potential to run at about 94% efficient. Whether your running the 185-700 or the 320-2100. I'll put some pictures up for how to wire in the meters here shortly.

Here's 3 Cree options. If you want an idea with a different chip maker let me know. Right now I'm trying to show you efficiency.

Cheaper option
16 cobs running at 2100ma. That's about 80 watts per cob. Notice Cob efficiency is 49.71% and ppfd is a pretty good 846.
We could build this option with cheaper chips other than the Crees and probably add a few more chips and still be cheaper. Hitting that 49% efficiency would be the goal.
Cree_cheap.JPG

Here's a middle option. This is running 24 chips.. Notice here your efficiency jumps up to 56.34%. That's really good efficiency. Now we are driving 24 chips at roughly 50 watts per cob instead of 80. The ppfd is a great 929ppfd. This would make a nice, very respectable room.
Middle5.JPG

Option number 3 is how I build my arrays. This is 32 cobs in 32 square feet of grow space. Expensive? YES! However, look at the unmatched efficiency numbers as well as ppfd. Now we are only pushing the cobs at 35 watts each. The 61.5% efficiency is absolutely amazing!!! As is a very good 983ppfd.
High2.JPG

This is perfect Fanleaf. Any chance you can do this with the Vero 29 SE's? :adore:

sorry bout the double post...

This is perfect Fanleaf. Any chance you can do this with the Vero 29 SE's? :adore:

sorry bout the double post...

And yes. Yes u can.
Running the SE at 1400ma will give you 50w per cob. I always use/recommend the 1 cob per square foot rule. I run my chips at 1400ma dimmed down 40% and 24" away for veg and at about 20% dimmed at 12-16" for bloom. Max power and cold temps for the last 3 weeks.

To be fair that was a 6500k vs a 4000k. When I get my hands on some 3500 or 4000k CXB's I'll post a new par video. But preliminary testing points to Vero as the winner in "bang for buck" factor.
It was also just a center spot test am I right? I ask because my Apogee shows a different result by quite a bit.

Yes. Centre spot. I think the 6500k is so strong in the blues that it registers a lower par value. Do you have a 6500k you can test this with?
I know I have some 6500's. I will look tomorrow to see if they are Cree, Vero or Citis lol. I dont remember lmao.

After spending shit load of money on building light and other things, I still haven't bought a 30 drying basket. Trimming sucks, been at it for 12 hours. Hey jimmy got email Friday my meter is shipped and on its way. Be able to test my setup. Need to get few more drivers and different chips to play with.
IMG_008963.JPG

Sweet. It'll be great to compare all three findings from you, me and Fanleaf. Get some averages and conclusive data.

After spending shit load of money on building light and other things, I still haven't bought a 30 drying basket. Trimming sucks, been at it for 12 hours. Hey jimmy got email Friday my meter is shipped and on its way. Be able to test my setup. Need to get few more drivers and different chips to play with.
IMG_008963.JPG

Really sweet haul. All under Vero?

Half , these were flowered under veros and 600 watt hps. I have 9 vegging that's going under the 24 veros tomorrow. I gotta transplant into bigger pots and let veg couple more weeks. Thinking about shutting down the 3x3 till fall, I got way too much smoke, I still have 75% of last grow. Everything is personal, I can get rid of it quick when I start blasting lol. Need to order some citi chips, fan sent me program for citi, need to open it up and play with it.

Back
Top Bottom