Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

The displays are simple, the hook up ac power(hot and neutral) from driver to load side of display(top and bottom slots). Your 2 leads from source go in the middle.

Those aviation pins I think are soldered on. I really haven't used that style plug in long time can't remember.

I'll check his post to see how he used the shunts. And draw a pic

The displays are simple, the hook up ac power(hot and neutral) from driver to load side of display(top and bottom slots). Your 2 leads from source go in the middle.

Those aviation pins I think are soldered on. I really haven't used that style plug in long time can't remember.

I'll check his post to see how he used the shunts. And draw a pic

Thanks for your help buck!!! :thumb: but I still have some questions...

So you're saying... connect the hot wire from from the driver to the bottom slot & neutral to the top slot. Isn't that too much power going thru the monitor?

2nd.... You lost me when you say the 2 leads from the source go in the 2 middle slots. What is the source? from the cobs?

Did you connect your build to a central control box? Where did you place your monitor if you got one?

Sorry about the bone head questions buck.... i appreciate your help tho!!! :high-five:

Hey guys about to make a big cob purchase tomorrow but keep going back and forth on different drivers.

I understand 16 cobs would be best but i can only swing 12 for my 4x4.

I want to do 4 rows of 3 cobs per row. Each row of 3 cobs will be fed by 1 MEAN WELL HLG-185H-C1400B, 4 total.

I hope to fit my carbon filter in the middle. Basically i dont want to waste money. Will this be a good set up or should i go a different route for the drivers.

Thanks guy this has been a great read!

Thanks for your help buck!!! :thumb: but I still have some questions...

So you're saying... connect the hot wire from from the driver to the bottom slot & neutral to the top slot. Isn't that too much power going thru the monitor?

2nd.... You lost me when you say the 2 leads from the source go in the 2 middle slots. What is the source? from the cobs?

Did you connect your build to a central control box? Where did you place your monitor if you got one?

Sorry about the bone head questions buck.... i appreciate your help tho!!! :high-five:

Those displays are rated for 20 amps. From diagram, your driver is the load(top and bottom terminals). Middle 2 are your line voltage (from the wall or breaker). I call source and line same sometimes. The meter just goes in between wall and driver.

I used box also, I'll post pic later

Hey bedroom, just make sure you have enough voltage, that's good for 4 cxb 3590's. Probably won't work to good with vero, I had to bump up to 240 series for 4 veros, but I have 5 cree's running off a 240. Good thing about the cobs, you can add another rail easy down the road

Hey guys about to make a big cob purchase tomorrow but keep going back and forth on different drivers.

I understand 16 cobs would be best but i can only swing 12 for my 4x4.

I want to do 4 rows of 3 cobs per row. Each row of 3 cobs will be fed by 1 MEAN WELL HLG-185H-C1400B, 4 total.

I hope to fit my carbon filter in the middle. Basically i dont want to waste money. Will this be a good set up or should i go a different route for the drivers.

Thanks guy this has been a great read!

I wont be running 4 per driver it will be 4 drivers, 4 rows, 3 cobs per row, 3 cobs per driver. 3 cobs x 4 rows =12 cobs total not going for 16. Out of budget unfortunately...

You can run 9, has 343v output. I'm going put 2 in for 18 veros
420-magazine-mobile2120318281.jpg

Thanks for the pics buck! Still kinda of confused, all the wires... lol I want to daisy chain two drivers to one plug using wagos. Not sure how to go about doing that? Would that mean i could only go one monitor for every two drivers?

Looking forwars to your picture write up! I have no electrical expirence so hoping its pic heavy! Interested in adding a fuse too just in case. Maybe ill just go the easy way and pick up two killawatt meters.

Back
Top Bottom