Fear I over watered germinated seed, can they recover?

bahzero

So I germinated 4 seeds and once they all germinated I transferred them to a seed tray with coco coir, with the 4th seed being 3 days behind still germinating in a glass of water at this point. This is my 1st grow, I might have overwatered and stunted the growth in the medium for the 1st 3 seeds. Noticing the 4th seed was the 1st to sprout from the coco as I had pretty much left the cell alone and it had time to dry a bit, I had been watering the 1st 3 seed cells with a spray bottle a twice a day. Can overwatered seeds recover and continue growth if I skip watering or have I pretty much caused them to damp off?

279201302_657525565291359_159827779898268641_n.jpg

279691418_338672414920728_5655687784474627498_n.jpg

Let them dry out until it's just "Moist" and not completely saturated. Keep the temperature between 73-80 Farenheit and humidity between 50-70% for those seedling with light 25 inch or higher above them to start. I hope that helps a bit :rollit:

And 'damping off disease' is a fungus that can develop in overly wet, stagnant air conditions. It is a surface dweller and would attack the stem where it emerges from the medium, causing it to rot and kill the plant.

A gentle fan blowing across the tops can help keep it at bay, with the added advantage of helping to dry out the top of your medium.

Let them dry out until it's just "Moist" and not completely saturated. Keep the temperature between 73-80 Farenheit and humidity between 50-70% for those seedling with light 25 inch or higher above them to start. I hope that helps a bit :rollit:
I got them in a tent setup now, when I 1st noticed the 4 seed sprout yesterday I was worried about the others so I took a peak at the roots they looked they were still growing just at a slower pace compared to the other but idk.

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00052.JPG

I got them in a tent setup now, when I 1st noticed the 4 seed sprout yesterday I was worried about the others so I took a peak at the roots they looked they were still growing just at a slower pace compared to the other but idk.

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00052.JPG
Heck, she's looking much better already :ganjamon: let it dry a bit more and Lightly water again. Cannabis roots need a wet/dry cycles. BUT, because your in straight coco. Then just moist for now.

I'm a Organics Soil grower, so I just only know the basics of Hydro growing. There are Many talented Hydro growers here, who would be a better source of knowledge and happy to answer any specifics bout that.

Heck, she's looking much better already :ganjamon: let it dry a bit more and Lightly water again. Cannabis roots need a wet/dry cycles. BUT, because your in straight coco. Then just moist for now.

I'm a Organics Soil grower, so I just only know the basics of Hydro growing. There are Many talented Hydro growers here, who would be a better source of knowledge and happy to answer any specifics bout that.
Plan to transfer them to soil afterwards I'm just using the coco to start off , had trouble with peat pods my last attempts. My next grow I definitely plan to go full coco coir as the medium as it seems to hold moisture fairly well and drains easily.

ME as I only grow in coco.
Would give my ladies there first feed.
Right from the off.
1/3 strength never had issues.
As stated coco has nothing to offer your seeds.
If your unsure on nutes loads of products.
On the market for you seedlings week one
In coco.

Also unless i have humidity issues.
My dome comes of soon as she is up right.
Clones need high humidity seeds in MY
Experience do just fine in the high 50s or
Over.

Ok but know that her only energy source is whats stored up in those 2 tiny cotyledons.…. there are zero nutrients in coco coir to nourish a plant…. kinda like eating cardboard for dinner - where’s the beef?

shoit out to @Bill284

welcome aboard
Hey Brother. :ciao: Thanks for the tag.:thumb:
ME as I only grow in coco.
Would give my ladies there first feed.
Right from the off.
1/3 strength never had issues.
As stated coco has nothing to offer your seeds.
If your unsure on nutes loads of products.
On the market for you seedlings week one
In coco.

Also unless i have humidity issues.
My dome comes of soon as she is up right.
Clones need high humidity seeds in MY
Experience do just fine in the high 50s or
Over.
Good point my friend.
One thing I'd mention.
He will need calmag soon.
It goes in your feed water first.
Wait 10 minutes.
Then add your nutrients according to the schedule then set ph to 5.8 every time.
Feed every day.
In a circle around the plant.
Getting bigger every couple days.
Also clear containers are not good for roots.
Put tape on the bottom.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey Brother. :ciao: Thanks for the tag.:thumb:

Good point my friend.
One thing I'd mention.
He will need calmag soon.
It goes in your feed water first.
Wait 10 minutes.
Then add your nutrients according to the schedule then set ph to 5.8 every time.
Feed every day.
In a circle around the plant.
Getting bigger every couple days.
Also clear containers are not good for roots.
Put tape on the bottom.

Bill
how often is cal-mag, used every other watering?

how often is cal-mag, used every other watering?
Coco drains calmag from your ladies.
Plus it's an assistant for nutrient uptake.
As she gets some roots going she will need it every feeding.
Hope your having a nice weekend.

Bill

Is your coco always that wet? I think your tips are damaged from touching the water sitting on the surface there. (they put their leaves down at dark)

Is your coco always that wet? I think your tips are damaged from touching the water sitting on the surface there. (they put their leaves down at dark)
no I just watered yesterday, the cell dries in 2-3 days, oh really I didn't know they put leaves down at night. the white tips only started to appear like 2 days ago maybe I don't have a clear image for saturday night,

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

I think maybe a bit of perlite might help you out, at least when you up-pot, so the water can drain better. I know coco is supposed to be watered/fed daily, but that can't happen if the water takes three days to go thru.

Not a fan myself of clear pots/containers etc.
Roots dont do as well as they could i find due to light.
I assume when you watered you feed them as well?
just water for now, I was waiting for another set of leave before starting the base nutrients

Straight from the off me first feed.
Calmag also.
When so young coco wont need feeding everyday.
Maybe every two or three.
Unless your not feeding to run of due to being young.
Might dry a bit faster.
I would add 1/3 of your recomended strength nutes.
And an 1/2 dose of the mag.
If it was soil i would agree give it a week or two.
But coco has nothing for your poor little lady.

just water for now, I was waiting for another set of leave before starting the base nutrients

Back
Top Bottom