Feds Raided Homes As Well As THC Ministry

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
HILO -- At least six and perhaps as many as a dozen homes were raided Wednesday during a federal drug sweep on the Big Island.

"I know of about six others who were raided," said Roger Christie, founder and director of The Hawaii Cannabis Ministry, whose downtown Hilo sanctuary and Wainaku residence were searched by federal agents, assisted by local police.

A police log for Wednesday showed 12 report numbers indicating police assistance to outside law enforcement agencies between 4 a.m. and just past 3 p.m. Five incidents occurred in Puna, four in South Hilo, and one each in North Hilo, Hamakua and Ka'u.

A police spokeswoman confirmed that all are related to the federal operation, and referred any further inquiries to the U.S. Attorney's office in Honolulu.

"There have been no arrests and no charges," Deputy U.S. Attorney Tom Muehleck said Thursday afternoon.

Two callers told Stephens Media that their homes was raided. One didn't offer additional information or leave a phone number on a voice message. Another said 25 marijuana seedlings were confiscated from his home and complained about his 93-year-old father being awakened at 6 a.m.

Christie said authorities spent about seven hours searching his home and ministry, starting around 6 a.m. He said the Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Postal Inspector and U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service were involved in the search, as were local police.

"They treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy," Christie said Wednesday afternoon at THC Ministry headquarters, which showed no outward signs Thursday afternoon of having been searched. Christie said investigators even bought him breakfast.

"They were looking for records and cash -- ill-gotten gain -- and cannabis, cannabis smoking devices, cannabis growing equipment," Christie said. "The search warrant was pretty broad, and they looked high and low. They looked thoroughly around my place, around both places."

Christie said that authorities confiscated ministry records, holy anointing oil containing cannabis and Christie's cell phone. He said that computer hard drives were copied but the computers were left in operable condition. One marijuana plant was taken from the sanctuary.

"They moved it so carefully that they didn't leave any trace of dirt behind," he said.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: westhawaiitoday.com
Author: John Burnett
Copyright: 2010 West Hawaii Today
Website: West Hawaii Today - Local > Feds raided homes as well as THC Ministry

well...I did hear that one family that was raided were put in hand cuffs during the 4 hour ordeal...the cops were nice enough not to cuff the 80 year old grandfather...and, I don't get the feeling they trashed the place...still why they had to go through the horrible ordeal in the first place...looks like they had medical marijuana cards and we within their legal state limit...what are the Feds up to? The guys here didn't get Holder's memo on respecting states medical marijuana rights?

well...I did hear that one family that was raided were put in hand cuffs during the 4 hour ordeal...the cops were nice enough not to cuff the 80 year old grandfather...and, I don't get the feeling they trashed the place...still why they had to go through the horrible ordeal in the first place...looks like they had medical marijuana cards and we within their legal state limit...what are the Feds up to? The guys here didn't get Holder's memo on respecting states medical marijuana rights?

This was done to prove a point..Remember that this is the Ministry that advertizes how its members can buy a kit that shows them how to get out of marijuana charges..Earlier this week they had busted a member in Colorado, Then within a week,,this happens..:roorrip:. Anyone see a connection here??
Colorado Man Who Claims Pot As Sacrament Is Convicted

yes, of course the guy was busted earlier...my point is that his trial was last week, not the arrest...

but, given the variety of agencies that raided the Ministry (DEA, FBI, ICE, IRS, etc) it is clear they were investigating for a long while...did they start investigating when the guy was arrested in Colorado, maybe...I think one of the articles mentioned that the guy had not been a member of the THC Ministry until after he was arrested...

and...as mentioned in my comment above...at least one of the families that was raided had medical marijuana cards and were within the legal state limit of plants...it seems they had no connection to the Ministry...so if the Feds are raiding valid medical marijuana patients in the state of Hawaii something is wrong...

let's hope the truth will come out......

yes, of course the guy was busted earlier...my point is that his trial was last week, not the arrest...

but, given the variety of agencies that raided the Ministry (DEA, FBI, ICE, IRS, etc) it is clear they were investigating for a long while...did they start investigating when the guy was arrested in Colorado, maybe...I think one of the articles mentioned that the guy had not been a member of the THC Ministry until after he was arrested...

and...as mentioned in my comment above...at least one of the families that was raided had medical marijuana cards and were within the legal state limit of plants...it seems they had no connection to the Ministry...so if the Feds are raiding valid medical marijuana patients in the state of Hawaii something is wrong...

let's hope the truth will come out......

As i'm sure it will..Either way we look at it, It seems the government is after us...Does'nt seem to matter if its medical or not. And just where is the compassion in that? :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom