Figuring out strain

Lucasstepp

Probably a long shot, but it's my first grow, going great so far, problem is I don't know the strain of my babies, I got some really good bud awhile back and found seeds, I don't know what strain it was, is there any way to figure out the strain?

Yes, you could ask whoever you bought it off of (or whoever he/she bought if off of, if the person who sold it to you didn't grow it) what strain the bud was. You'll also need to find out what pollinated it, which could be another strain in the grow room, itself if it began producing male flowers, or - if the grow occurred outdoors - almost any male plant within ¼-mile or so (depending on environmental conditions).

Basically... no. There are thousands of strains and only so many possible ways a plant can look, lol. Crosses can take on the appearance of one of their parents, the other parent, a mixture of both, or something else. IF you had a limited number of strains and were trying to identify one in particular amongst the group, that... Well, that's not exactly a given, either. Strains can produce multiple phenotypes, so you could have a grow where phenotype a of strain #1 looks remarkably similar to phenotype b of strain #3. Et cetera. It's not like identifying individual automobile models (and THAT would be a lot harder these days if they didn't bother to stick the model name on the vehicles :rolleyes3 ) .

I didn't think so, thank you, I have an app called Leafly and it has every strain known and me and my friends have had bud that we didn't know what was and looked at what it might look like on the app and figured out the strain, but it's really really hard, ig I'll have to wait til the flower to even try

Back
Top Bottom