First Closet Grow- G13 Haze- The very Beginning (11/16/09 Germ)

hursty420

My First Grow:welcome:
Standing Closet 2 Doors- 4' Long 6' High 2' Wide
1 - Adjustable 600 Watt HPS
Interior Polished Aluminum
2 x 12V Computer Fans (one on each side in middle pushing inward)
1 x Exhaust Fan 140 CFM to window outlet

Strain - Sativia G13 Haze
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - 2 femized seeds off net.. Paper towel best or? better ideas?
Bucket Size - transplant? small to med to large? for root growth?
Lights - (1) 600 Watt HPS (should i get a MH for veg instead?)
Nutrients - whats the best?
Medium - soil? what should i use? suppliment it with anything as well?
PPM - ive read the thread on C02 but not sure how i would incorp this? and ideas?
PH -reading.... test kits? what should i test? what is bad?
RH - please feel free to explain
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Humidity- specific ranges for veg and flower? would love to read more
Closet Square Footage - 4'L x 2'W x 6'H
Pests - None Known

Just finishing up putting the whole box together and installing exhaust fan, Will post pictures of the complete box.
This is a first grow, only information I know is from reading every single thread through the "Everything you need to know" and I guess a grow journal is the way to go:rollit: So please give any input on problems you have encounterd or some things I can improvee :thanks: This site is a great source :goodjob:

The info above which is not filled out is still under question and Im reading through the PH and trying to get more information about SOIL to use and also Neuts to use along with when to start using, transplant? Watering- ro/di good? Like I said First time so kinda feel like an idiot, So please feel free to help anyway u can:ganjamon::thanks:

Congrats on takin the plunge. Be sure you have a source of fresh air going into your closet. The PC fans may not be enough. A cheap alternative if "duct booster fans". Either Home Depot or online they are under $40. Sativa dominate strains tend to get very tall. You may want to read up on LST and be ready for that. Regarding pot size, I put my germed seeds into 1/2 gallon nursery pots and will transplant into 5-gallon buckets this week. The less transplanting the better. Keep the plant stress to a minimum. Fox Farms Ocean forrest is a very popular soil. I am using it now with great results so far. There are many others but that is one of the most popular and proven products. For my grow I am using the Fox Farms line of nutes as well. There are many other quality brands out there. I like the idea of staying with one manufacturer for the soil and nutes. All their testing and dosing is done with their products so it hould be accurate. PH testing is a must. For soil look to be in the 6.2-6.8 range. Test your water after adding nutes. Also test the run off water as well. RH is relative humidity. Around 50% for veg is good. Lower during the later stages of flower is better. Too high and you will likely get mold issues. Don't worry about CO2 at this point. It is a booster but you can do just fine without. Keep your first grow as simple as possible.

LST? searched it and cant find what you mean lol sorry, but everything else is great would u recomend putting the hydro pebles on the top of the soil? ive read it alowes the roots to grow in the top 3 inches of the soil instead of it dryin out to much? For the nutes follow the dossage? or i think ive read use much less then they say to avoid burn? what do u do with yours. And i will read about the ph adjusting in the soil thread so i get a little more information.. again your help is really apreciated im keepin the fingers crossed for a good strain and yeild.. man am i sick of this outdoor crap thats going around:p hahhaa thanks again

LST- low stress tr@ining. B@sic@lly bending the pl@nts over @nd tying them down in order to keep height down @nd get light to the lower growth to encour@ge bud growth. :welcome: Good Luck, buddy!

:welcome: Well the germ was posponed and ive been busy with things but finally got the 2 going.. pictures will be posted tonight ... tempture runs 81 degrees, humidity is 20%.. 600 watt MH in the box with open front for fan to blow in and the exhaust is 150 cfm at the top 2 computer fan in walls and the standing fan ... needing this fan ti help keep the temperatue down.. its hot and bright.. haha. A COUPLE QUESTIONS..

One plants set of leaves have a bend in the midde of then toward the ground? picture to come.. (last night left humidity on with less fans) first day seen this little bend.

Secondly.. Hydroponic shop guy says because these have been grown from seeds the first 3 weeks should be 24/7 light ? anyone comfirm this.. rate now its been 8 days running 7am- 1am @ 81 degree , 20% humidity.

Lastly Im going to try and find a thread on watering schedual but if anyone knows anything about it please feel free to let me know..... soil is still damp and have waterd twice in 8 days.. seeds are in dixy cup with drain holes cut hasnt been much drain.. out of the bottom:) so please feel free to post w.e. like i said these are the first seedlings ive grown:cheer: thanks alot everyone..
cheers

Here is the bigger plant # 1 with the bent leaves?
IMG_00127.JPG

Top View
IMG_001410.JPG

Here is the # 2
IMG_001310.JPG

Top View
IMG_001512.JPG

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom