First Concert 1976 .

doobien

Shatered Ideals​

I was born in the suburbs of Detroit Michigan in 1967. I lived in a very effluent area, Called Birmingham a little private community. A very short distance from Bloomfield Hills. My community was made up of republican's and Jews, I remember my father alway's saying if a black family move's in our city, were moving out. My parents were very closed minded, and would group things into what they felt were correct . My parents were practicing catholics with great intentions. They assumed raising children in this bubble like perfect environment. Would better our chances for a good education, And a proper Christian life . Man were they up for a surprise.

The only thing I learned growing up among-st upper class republicans. Was how to hate the poor and other races. When i got out of Junior high that's were all the troubles started.Before i got into high school i was a typical kid involved in school activities, And drug free. The summer before our high school i started smoking pot. And hanging out with other misguided youths as well. The only difference was our parents weren't poor. We all had one thing in common, None of respected anything our parents tried to teach us. We just wanted to raise Hell and get as high as we could.

In the Eighties life was a little different we had three classes of people jocks, stoner's, and nerds. At this time we didn't have wiggers and our gangsters let alone cell phones. The eighties was a rare time the tail end of the Psychedelic movement, and the end of free love and rock & roll as we knew it. Kiss was the hot item and Van Halen was what I consider the last true rock & roll band. Though guns and roses and kid rock are still rock & roll currently today. From here MTV took over and it began the end of an era and Heavy metal or glamor rock took over. I'm very grateful to have seen the major rock groups before it completely died. The concerts I caught in my early teens included, Robert Plant, The Who, The rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Crosby Stills Nash and young ,Van Halen , Kiss, Cheap trick, Santana ,Ac Dc , Rush, Iorn maiden, Def leopard, Grateful Dead, REO Speed wagon, and thirty eight special. I almost got two see Led Zeppelin Unfortunately John Bohnam Passed on three days prior to the Detroit tour. Ozzy Osbourne was still coherent and Black Sabbath was the shit I was fifteen at this time.

In the eighties the drugs were basically cocaine, weed, and an abundance of LSD, and mescaline. Today our youths have to deal with Meth, Ecstacey and other synthetic Drugs, and prescription pills including Valium,Zanax, and opiates , and that scares me. At this point I was still very naive to drugs I was 13 when I saw my first concert . It was a memorable venue Cheap Trick warmed up for KISS and turned out to be quiet the different experience. First off I was with my dad and best friend at the time Tom Smartle. I was such a dweeb but I loved rock & roll and KISS was my idols growing up. The concert itself was also very turbulent the crowds and music didn't mix well and the kiss fans were taunting the band and crowd. Their lead guitarist came out with his two tricked out guitars and was hit square in the face by a fifth of Jack Daniels. The lights went black and the tension grew both bands were very popular and drew two unique crowds packing the auditorium.

Before a riot insights the band was announced to return and the audience settled down. Cheap Trick came out and played three songs tops and split. The crowd was intense, and KISS always had the best shows In Detroit Mi and dedicated the song Detroit Rock City to us. These were the Days of terrible Ted Nugent who also lived in Michigan and still hunts there today. It was also the bigging of using the large stadiums to draw mass crowds. After cheap trick left it seemed every body was lighting there lighter in the auditorium. For a kid i was mesmerized by Gene Simmons and Kiss That show was absolutely amazing between the smoke and the fire. Kiss made the modern day madness off the Insane Clown Posse look like like a trip to dairy queen. I'll never forget how smokey the stadium was clouds bellowed every were filled with marijuana . I was the kid with my dad holding a napkin over my face scared to get high , and enjoying the show.

doobien.com

doobien said:
Shatered Ideals​

I was the kid with my dad holding a napkin over my face scared to get high , and enjoying the show.

doobien.com
Soon after this concert ... the dams opened up I'm guessing? (in terms of drugs?)

Back
Top Bottom